Chapter 4

"Why did I agree to this?" Lorelai groaned, waiting for her dad to arrive at her home.

"Because Grandma asked you to agree to this," Rory told her.

"Why did I agree to do something Emily Gilmore asked me to do?" She tried.

"Because he's your dad, and as much as you and Grandma don't get along, we both know she is very close to killing him," Liv said.

"True," Lorelai sighed,

"Look, you take him until we finish school, then we'll meet you two at Luke's and you can do what you want," Rory suggested.

"Fine," Lorelai agreed reluctantly, "he'll be here in a minute, act natural."

Soon, the door knocked and Richard was stood in their house, "hey Grandpa!" Liv smiled.

"Hello girls, Lorelai," he greeted them.

"We've gotta go to school, but we'll meet you and mom at Luke's afterwards," Rory said, walking to the door.

"Bye you two!" Lorelai called.

"Bye!"

An awkward silence followed, as Lorelai and Richard hovered in the entry, "would you like to come in?" Lorelai asked.

"Of course," he replied, sitting on the sofa with her.

"Would you like some tea? Or coffee, because we don't have any tea," Lorelai tried.

"No thank you," he smiled.

Lorelai crosses her legs and chewed on her bottom lip nervously. Richard sat on the edge of the sofa, his hands folded on his lap.

"Do you want a tour of the town?" She tried again.

"Yes," he said, standing up and going for his coat.

—————————————————

Liv and Rory and Paris walked into Luke's, and saw their mom and Richard sat at the counter, laughing.

"Hey girls!" She called, "and Paris," she looked at Liv for an explanation.

"She's trying to discover Stars Hollow's dirty secrets," Liv smirked.

"Oh well, I heard that Luke serves de-caf to everyone against their will, Kirk's an alien, Andrew has a secret porn section of books in the store and Miss Patty is brainwashing all of her dancers," Lorelai joked.

Paris' eyes lit up, and Rory sighed, "stay away from the crazy lady."

Just then Luke walked out of the kitchen, and Paris briskly marched over to him, Rory following her panicking.

"Hey Rory, want some coffee?" Luke asked.

"Yes please," She smiled.

"Who's your friend?" He asked.

"Angela Lansbury," she shrugged.

"Coffee Angela?" He asked.

"No. Are you the owner?" Paris asked.

"Yes."

"You get a lot of truckers come here?" Paris asked.

"Oh god," Rory sighed, sipping her coffee.

"Truckers?" Luke asked.

"You know, guys who're on the road for weeks, they're lonely, they want a little pick me up, things like that," Paris said, quickly.

Liv slid into the seat next to them, "what's she talking about?"

"I was about to ask the same thing," Luke said, confused.