Chapter 10

Liv walked through town a little ahead of her mom and sister, hoping to get a word with Jess before they arrived. She walked in and straight to Luke, who looked tired, "he's not here," Luke told her.

"What do you mean, he's not here?" When will he be back?" Liv asked, confused.

"I don't know. I woke up and he'd gone, along with all his stuff," Luke explained.

"Oh. Right," Liv mumbled, tripping over her words and walking straight back out and almost knocking her mom over.

Lorelai turned to stop her, "hey, honey, slow down. What's wrong? Did you see Jess? Did he say something to you?"

"Why do you always think it's Jess?" Liv asked her, irritated.

"Is it?" Rory asked.

Liv looked down, "Yes," she mumbled, quietly, "he's gone."

"He's gone?" Lorelai asked.

"Yes, that's what I said, isn't it?" Liv snapped, "I'm sorry, I'm just...frustrated. And pissed off."

"It's fine, honey. You don't have to go in, I'll go and get you a cup of coffee and a donut to go back in there," Lorelai offered.

"Yes please," Liv smiled at her mom, who gave her a quick hug before going in with Rory to get their breakfast.

"Hey Luke! Three coffees and three donuts to go please," Rory smiled.

"So I hear Jess is gone," Lorelai said, bitterly, at the same time.

"Coming up, Rory. And yeah, he's gone," Luke told her.

"At least my daughter won't be getting into anymore crashes," Lorelai said.

Luke stared at her, "it was an accident."

"He was irresponsible and shouldn't have been driving in the first place," Lorelai said, getting angry.

"He stayed with Liv until the ambulance came and made sure she was ok," Luke told her, raising his voice.

"Well that makes it all better then, doesn't it?" Lorelai shouted.

"It should at least make some difference! Do you know what Rory, you can have two donuts and two coffees, now," Luke glared at Lorelai.

"Real mature Luke!" Lorelai called as she walked out.

"I don't blame Jess," Rory said after she'd gone, "he didn't mean for it to happen and my mom will see that. She's just a bit angry."

"I know," Luke sighed, handing her her order, "See you later."

"Bye," she smiled, leaving. She handed half of her order to her sister and laughed, "you so should've been in there. Mom and Luke were fighting!"

"No way," Liv gasped, "give me details, sister!"

————————————————

After school, Rory and Liv were sat in their living room on the sofa, while their mom was perched on the coffee table, holding a glass and nodding to the music that was blasting.

"I'm so glad I've finished school!" Lorelai grinned, "I can drink on weekdays again!"

"You can also have hangovers on a weekday morning again," Liv pointed out.

"True!" Lorelai grinned, downing the contents in her glass.

The phone began to rang, and Liv went to answer it, "Hello?"

"Hey," Liv froze at the voice and told her mom and Rory she was just going to her room.

"Where are you?" Liv asked, quickly.