Chapter 16

Liv sat with her head resting on Jess' shoulder, gazing at the lake as he played, unconsciously, with her hair. She sighed and sat up straight, Jess looking confused at her abruptness.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"We should talk about last night," Liv said.

"What about last night?" Jess asked.

"You wanted to...you know," Liv raised her eyebrows a little.

"Oh," Jess said, looking down.

"I'm not ready yet," Liv admitted quietly.

"It's ok," Jess said, grabbing her hand.

"Really?" Liv asked.

"Yeah," he chuckled, "I'll wait as long as you need."

"Great," Liv smiled, relieved. They sat in silence for a few moments, before Liv shoved his shoulder, knocking him into the lake.

He resurfaced to see her laughing, and gaped at her shocked at his wet hair fell in his eyes. He half swam over to her, looking up at her amused, "You done laughing yet?"

"Nope! I'm sorry but it was just too awkward," Liv giggled.

"It was, was it?" He smirked.

Liv grinned and nodded, as he quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her in with him.

She pushed her soaking hair back from her eyes and glared at him, "I can't believe you did that!"

"You started it," he shrugged, laughing as she splashed him.

After ten or so minutes, they made their way back to Liv's, and cringed as they saw Lorelai sat on the couch with her back to them.

"Liv?" She said, not turning around, "come and look at this woman in my magazine. Her waist is so fake, and practically the size of my pinky. But her hair screams Sandy from the end of Grease. Honestly, she's like something out of Weird Science," her voice faltered as she saw the two stood there, dripping wet and freezing.

"Hey, mom," Liv smiled, "we need some towels."

"Huh," Lorelai breathed sarcastically as she walked to the cupboard, "do I want to know what you were doing?"

"Liv tried to drown me," Jess said, as Lorelai passed them some towels.

"So you tried to drown her back?"

"Something like that," Liv grinned.

"Why didn't you go back to the diner? You have clothes there," Lorelai asked Jess.

"I wanted to stop the dripping first. Luke would have me drawn and quartered if I dripped lake water everywhere," Jess said, rubbing his hair with the towel.

"Hey, I'm gonna go and get myself changed quickly and braid my hair, and then I'll come back to Luke's with you?" Liv suggested.

"Sounds good," Jess said. As she closed her bedroom door, Jess put the towel around his shoulders and went to sit on the couch.

"What are you doing? Don't sit your wet arse on my couch," Lorelai pointed at him.

"Noted," he nodded, standing up.

They stood in an awkward silence, until Lorelai smiled at him, "do you want some coffee?"

"Sure," Jess said, following her into the kitchen, "look, Lorelai, I know you don't like me and I screwed up before, but I realise what a mistake that was and I'm not gonna do it again."

"Good. Because, young man, that poor girl in there was heartbroken when you left her. I hated seeing her like that," Lorelai snapped.

"I'm not proud of it," Jess hung his head.

"Just don't do it again," she said, softly, and she handed him the coffee.

"Do what again?" Liv asked, walking out of her room.

"Try to drown you. I've become pretty attached to you these past couple of years," Lorelai covered.

"I've become attached to you two. Now, Jess, let's go, because I've become attached to you as well and I don't want you to get pneumonia," she said, teasingly but seemingly sincerely.

"I'm really feeling the love," Jess said, smiling and leaving with Liv.

Once Jess was changed, the two made their way to Doose's to get ice cream, but ran into Dean and Rory.

"Hey Liv! You got changed," Rory noticed.

"That I did," Liv smiled, "hey, Mean, I mean Dean."

"Liv. Jess."

"Dean. Rory."

"What am I meant to say?" Rory asked, "anyway, weirdness aside, what're you doing?"

"Getting ice cream," Liv said, "where are you going?"

"We were just going to wonder around for a little more," Rory said.

"You should come with us," Liv suggested.

"No," Dean answered quickly, earning raised eyebrows from the Gilmores.

"What if Rory wants to?" Liv said, annoyed.

"But I don't," Dean said, glancing at Jess.

"Problem with my boyfriend, Forrester?" Liv asked.

"Where do I start?"

"I'm going with them, Dean," Rory said.

"What?"

"Come on, man. They haven't seen each other in months," Jess said, annoyance clear in his tone.

"I haven't either," Dean said, quite childishly.

"Dean, you can come with us or not," Rory sighed, impatiently.

"But you're hanging out with me. Let's go."

"Dean, shut the hell up! You don't get to tell my sister what to do! She's perfectly capable of making her own decisions, and in my opinion, is way too good for you anyway. If she wants to come with us, you can too, but if that's not good enough then you can stick our offer where the sun doesn't shine," Liv shouted.

Dean stood, speechless.

"Dean, let's go and talk. I'll be back in a minute," Rory told her sister.

As they walked off, Liv wrapped her arms around Jess' waist and rested her head on his chest.

"I hate him so much," Liv mumbled.

"I know. That was actually kinda sexy by the way," Jess teased.

"Kinda?" Liv smiled.

"Definitely," Jess smirked, kissing her forehead.

Rory came over a few minutes later, flustered.

"We're done. We're over," she blurted out.

"Ice cream and Hugh Grant rom-coms?" Liv suggested.

"Definitely. You coming, Jess?" Rory asked.

"To watch you two swoon over Hugh Grant? Been thee, done that," Jess said.

"You've gotta admit, his accent is so hot," Liv said, making her voice a faux high pitch.

Rory grinned, copying her tone, "and his eyes are so dreamy."

Liv laughed, "Come on, babe. Rory needs all the support she can get."

"Fine. For Rory's sake," Jess winked.

"Why do I feel like the third wheel to my boyfriend and sister all of a sudden?"

I'm an awful person. I haven't updated in sooooo long. I'm so sorry!! Who's Crazier will hopefully be up tomorrow. Btw, it's a year today since I stared watching Gilmore Girls, so it's a pretty important day! I'm gonna update more, lovelies, I promise! Just bare with xoxo