In a blink of an eye, Yeri was on her feet except that she was now beside the stairs, on the green ground.

"You shouldn't play jump scares in front of a haunted cabin, you know?"

A few surprised gasps followed and then it was a suffocating silence between all of them and the one person staring daggers at each of the students, especially at Mark and Koeun who immediately spared each other a worried glance.

"So, anybody cares enough to brief me on why you are gathered here in the middle of the night instead of your own cabins?" the tall man stood still as he crossed his chest, a slight disappointed expression on his face.

"S-sunbae, Mingyu sunbae, we were just—" Renjun spoke up, looking nonchalant as his right foot shook nervously.

"I know you kids are curious and worried but going out of your own cabins at a time like this isn't the solution. I'm going to tell you to go back and your punishment will be discussed in the morning." Mingyu scolded, giving each of the students disapproving looks and an extra few seconds to stare at Koeun.

"But sunbae, why are you concerned on what we do right now? Shouldn't your worries go to the missing ones?" Yeri asked, stepping away from the elder and stood in front of her friends.

"We are worried and that's why I'm trying to help you here so that the number of the missing kids don't increase," Mingyu replied, a look of confusion flashed for a second before he had his hard stare on again.

"Sunbae, I don't know why all of the seniors are acting dumb but this situation right now seems ridiculous, don't you think so?" Hina asked, making everyone around her curious.

Mingyu sighed defeatedly as he rubbed his eyes. "Everything is ridiculous to me, this whole camp is. You're not the only one worried about the missing kids. I am too,"

"That's why I'm asking you why we had to go here despite knowing what happened to your friends?" Hina added, her eyes full of persistance. The others were looking at Hina and Mingyu warily.

"They're not my friends, I barely knew them and you probably don't know them as well since you've never met. What happened is the past. You can't change anything, so let's just go to sleep and wait for your punishment tomorrow, you hear me?"

•••••

"Hina, I don't think this is a good idea."

The said girl ignored Donghyuck as she continued on what she was doing.

"This is kinda big coming from Hyuck, he has the worst ideas." Jeno added, fastening his steps to match Hina's quick pace.

Donghyuck sent Jeno a stinky face as he also sprinted his way towards the petite girl. "I know you're worried, we all are. You love him, I do too and none of us know where he is or the rest are but maybe, maybe we should think about this again?"

Hina scowled when she glared at Donghyuck, not even stopping for a second. "I don't care, Hyuck. I need to know where Jaemin is. It's not only because of my feelings, alright? It's an instinct, a sight, something okay?! I just know,"

"Hina, just—" Jeno grabbed her arm firmly to make her stop. "Let's not rush things,"

"I'm not! You don't know what I know and you can't see what I can. You guys don't need to follow me, there's no need to, really. All you have to do is keep a distance and act like you don't know where I went, okay?" Hina forced a sweet smile on her face as she looked back and forth at Jeno and Donghyuck.

The two boys sent each other knowing looks and Jeno let go of Hina's arm while Donghyuck nudged her shoulder. Hina seemed confused for a second as they suddenly calmed down.