Day 18 (II)

•••••

"Did you bring spare clothes?"

Koeun nodded as response, not even looking at him.

"Are you still thinking about last night?" Mark asked, glancing her way and saw the slight tension around her.

"I'm...not, but it's hard to ignore it either." Koeun replied, heaving out a sigh.

"Are you getting nightmares?" Mark asked, eyeing her dark eyebags.

"No, not really. I just can't sleep at night knowing that the clues we have to find Herin are too little and I keep on seeing weird hallucinations. It's making me sick."

"What kind of hallucinations?"

"It's nothing."

"Eun, no. You have to tell me,"

"Mark, I don't think I want to talk about this."

"It's better if you tell me. You don't need to carry the burden by yourself. You know that,"

Mark stared at her, encouraging her to trust him. Koeun was having second thoughts to everything. She didn't want to worry him with her useless worries.

"It's just weird hallucinations. I keep on seeing myself with people I don't know. I was alone most of the time. It scares me a little."

"Are you uncomfortable with crowds?"

"No, it's different. I really didn't wanna tell you but I keep on seeing her,"

"Her? Who's her?"

"...the female ghost."

Mark went speechless as his jaw parted. He didn't knew what to say.

"I haven't told TY sunbae or Jaehyun sunbae, they would have caused a ruckus and asked me too many questions when I don't even know the definite answer."

"Eun–"

"I'm kinda glad I told you. At least I won't die here keeping that secret."

"You won't, we'll get out of here. Trust me."

Mark took her hand in his and gave her a firm squeeze. He wasn't going to disappoint her and all he wanted was to go home anyways.

"Oooh, am I seeing what I'm seeing?"

They instantly turned around and saw Lucas grinning while leaning onto a tree. "You guys are so sweet. This is why you would make a great couple."

"We're not," both of them answered in sync.

"Yet!" he exclaimed. "Imma make sure you do."

"Lucas, just no." Koeun told him and he laughed heartily.

"What were you guys talking about? It seemed serious." Lucas pried, wiggling his eyebrows.

"None of your business," Koeun replied, sending him a glare which he found cute.

"It's nothing. We were discussing about the team." Mark said and motioned them to follow him.