Day 19 (II)

•••••

"I know I'm not the brightest but I sure do know we gain help from people,"

"We are," Mark replied nonchalantly to Lucas with a tilt of his head.

"Yeah, people as in human, not some—" Lucas glanced to the cabin before whispering hushedly, "—ghosts!"

Yeri(who was completely hidden behind Lucas btw) clicked her tongue at the tall one. "You're the oldest here, are you scared of them?"

"Them? More like I attract ghosts," Lucas said seriously, eyes wide.

"Yeah, try and flirt with everyone, won't you?" Renjun mumbled, rolling his eyes which Lucas didn't catch him.

"Attract? You've got to be kidding me," Jeno sighed, massaging his temples.

"Well, I guess we do have one thing in common then," Hina spoke, giving Lucas a small smile then turned stoic as usual again.

Lucas stared at the girl weirdly. He meant it as a joke but Hina worded it too casually, it didn't seem like a joke to him.

"Am I missing something?" Lucas asked, eyeing his same-aged friends for answers.

"You're probably missing a few screws." Chenle smiled brightly at him and nudged him to the door.

"Hey!" Lucas hissed, offended.

"Let's just get this over with." Koeun told Mark and he nodded.

Mark chanted the special words to the seventh cabin.

When he did, Koeun reached out to turn the door knob but the door didn't budge nor did it open. She glanced towards Mark, urging him to open it.

Mark shrugged before trying to open the door but the same thing happened.

"Oh, are the ghosts not letting us in?" Chenle wondered, peeking in between Jeno and Jisung.

"It's probably your fault, Xuxi ge." Renjun sighed then clicked his tongue, shaking his head in disapproval.

"You're saying as if they're afraid of me," Lucas defended himself, looking annoyed and a bit hurt.

"With the way you're acting, even a ghost won't want to see you." Donghyuck snickered, side eyeing Lucas.

"Okay, I came here to have a good time and now? I? Feel? Attacked?" Lucas scoffed while the rest ignored him.

"Try calling their names," Yeri told Mark and he was surprised he didn't think of doing that at first.

"Alright..." he faced the cabin. "Jaehyun sunbae?" Mark called out, knocking slightly on the wooden door.

"TY sunbae?"

All of them kept silent and waited for any responses but nothing happened. Not even the creepy wind breeze or a simple tap on the door.

"Is this real or are we just wasting our time?" Lucas whispered to no one in particular when suddenly Chenle shrieked and clung unto Jisung which made Jisung jump then bumped into Lami who accidentally pushed Yeri who was sitting rather close near the edge of the floor leading to the small stairs resulting Yeri to stumble and almost, almost fall down.