Day 2

•••

Koeun hugged herself tight.

The wind at night was colder than usual, more than she's ever been in. Well, they are staying in the middle of a forest. The cool breeze blew her hair softly. Her eyes were becoming tired. It was already one in the morning and Mark still has not succeeded in opening the door to Cabin #7.

"Why did you bring me here?" She glared at him.

"You're on the watch out. If someone comes, we can hide." He replied, still trying to open the door.

"So, I'm a watchdog?" Koeun asked in disbelief.

"No, I'd like to call you my partner in crime." He answered, smiling slightly.

"Both are certainly bad positions." She mumbled under breath.

"Are you done yet?" She asked, looking irritated. Mark glanced at her and sighed.

"No, I don't know how to open this," he replied, crouching down in front of the door.

"What do you even know, Mark?" She retorted, getting cranky. She was sleepy, tired and also a bit hungry. She was ready to kill anybody at the meantime.

Mark sent her a disbelief look. "You're so mean," he commented, hurt.

"I don't care," she says, crouching down beside him. "Just when will this door open?" She muttered, glaring at the old wooden door.

"I don't know, Koeun. I'm trying here."

"Well, try harder!" She hissed, hitting his shoulder slightly.

"Then, do you have any great ideas, Koeun, the Wise?" He asked and she gave him a look. He sighed and stood up after.

Looks like the challenge was over. He couldn't even open the door. What is he going to do then? Mark offered his hand to her and pulled her up to her feet.

"I'm so fed up with this door. Like, is it like in movies? You say open or something and it moves?" She hesitated on pushing the door.

Mark looked at her in awe and she almost slapped his face out of irritation. "Koeun, you're a genius!" He exclaimed with his mouth wide open.

"I know. People often tell me that," she complimented herself while acting like she was flipping her hair. "So what now?" She asked him and he scratched his head.

"What do they usually say?" He wondered, thinking hard.

"Are you serious? Mark, this isn't a movie. I don't really think a simple 'Open Sesame' would make the door open." Koeun chided, clicking her tongue disappointedly in the process.

Suddenly, the closed windows to the cabin abruptly opens and slams close. The both of them freeze in their spots.

"Okay, that wasn't just me, was it?" Mark whispered, his eyes still on the mysterious window. Koeun slowly nodded, her fingers unknowingly clenched onto Mark's sleeve. She felt something churning in her stomach. She has a bad feeling, and when she does, it usually is true.

The windows looks old, like any other cabin there but somehow it was different. Koeun could see the difference, so did Mark.