Day 17

•••••

"Hina spook me. I don't think I can sleep anymore."

Donghyuck turned to look at Mark who was still awake. The elder hushed him to go back to sleep but he was also thinking back on what she said.

Hina had a clear reason on revealing that story. She was the closest person to Shin Dayul and she knows a thing or two about black magic. Recalling what happened to Shin Dayul, Mark remembered Koeun's guilty face.

"Hyung, do you know how Dayul sunbae disappeared?"

Mark flinched but it went unnoticed because of the darkness of the cabin. "...No," he lied through his teeth. He knew the lie was going to get him back but he didn't want to worry Donghyuck and the others who were listening to their conversation.

Mark was worried, especially for Koeun. He knew Koeun can't forget about that night Dayul disappeared and definitely will not when she knows Hina directly knows Shin Dayul.

"This is making me miss Herin." Donghyuck mumbled.

"I thought you hated her," Jisung butted in.

"I don't hate her. We're naturally like that." Donghyuck defended himself.

"Hyuck doesn't want to admit he has a little crush on her," Jaemin mumbled, shifting in his bed.

"I do not!" Donghyuck glared at Jaemin even though he can't see him.

"Guys, let's keep quiet. It's late," Mark calmed them down. "Some people want to sleep."

Meanwhile with the girls, it was awkwardly quiet.

Hina's thoughts distracted her from sleeping because she could hear whispers in her head.

Lami was awfully quiet, trying to process the recent information. She felt a little betrayed by Hina for not telling her about the secret but understood her nonetheless.

Koeun, on the other hand, felt her guilty conscience killing her. Her eyes roamed the room warily. She didn't feel calm. She was scared that something else was going to happen.

"I miss Herin," Lami mumbled.

"I miss her too," Hina sighed.

I'm sorry, Herin. It's all my fault. Koeun forced herself to sleep.

•••••

"Jaehyun,"

The pale one hummed as he stared outside the window. TY leaned on the wall beside the window.

"Did you think bringing the children here was a good choice?" TY asked.

"You're the wise one. What do you think?" Jaehyun asked back.

"I'm afraid it would cause them more bad than good after knowing about these things. Especially of that girl."

"Don't worry, they're strong kids. They know well what they're doing. Plus Mark's there. He know what to do. As long as they stick together, they'll be able to figure things out."