Day 18

•••••

"She's late,"

Jeno sighed as he kicked a pebble. The wind was cold and he rubbed his hands together a few times already. The jacket he wore didn't help much either.

He was thinking on what to say when she comes. It's not like they usually talk to each other. It was rare. This meeting was rare. The situation was just so rare.

Jeno doesn't even know what to do.

If you asked Jeno whether he was bound to be alone with her, he would laugh it off and say the whole thing was a lie. But now, he had second thoughts.

Jeno tried to recall any serious events which could lead for her to ask him to meet. He cracked his brain but he can't seem to remember anything.

Did I hurt her?

Did she get hurt?

Did I do something wrong?

Did I touch her inappropriately?

Importantly, is she gonna kill me?

Jeno let out a sigh as he wandered around the same space, walking in circles with his hands stuffed into his jacket.

As he was busy wondering, he heard a twig broke. Jeno turned around and saw her staring back at him in surprise.

Taking small steps, she neared him. "Um, you waited long?" she asked. She left some space between them—a space she called the gay space.

"Not really. It's just a bit chilly." Jeno replied, glancing her way. He noticed the lack of warm clothes on her and wondered how she was strong enough in the cold.

"You got my message," she started, looking down on the ground as if Jeno didn't exist in front of her..

He nodded, even if she didn't see him. "It was...peculiar, recognizeable but just, peculiar." he grinned, remembering the small note he received after dinner.

It was so small he almost didn't notice at all. The note had no name but he recognized it instantly from her handwriting to the way she wrote. She was blunt but still played around the bush.

He let out a chuckle, remembering that, making Siyeon lift up her head to see his beautiful smiling face. Her breath hitched but she cleared her throat immediately. She has no time to stare at his beauty.

"Thanks for the note though. It cheered me up," he said.

"Why would it?" she mumbled, looking away from his blinding smile. Jeno kept on smiling and she couldn't even see his eyes anymore.

Why is Lee Jeno such an angel?

"The reason I wanted to see you," she spoke. "Do you know why?"

Jeno hesitated for a while. "Surely not to scold me, right?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her which made her step back. "That's just mean,"

"No," she bit her lower lip and blinked profusely. "I-I didn't know what to do or what to say. Originally, I didn't plan to see you or even talk to you, but the two had been bugging me."