Day 17 (II)

•••••

"Park Siyeon!"

Two girls came running to Jeno and Siyeon who was currently on his back. Jeno quickly put her back down and they pulled her into a body-crushing hug.

"Where have you been?" Sungyeon asked, letting go of Siyeon.

Siyeon kept quiet and avoided their eye contact. Jeno felt that she was uncomfortable with him there, so he excused himself to be with his team.

"I...I thought that if I went back in there, I'll find something. A clue about  Kyla." Siyeon answered, looking down  on the ground.

Jeno didn't mean to eavesdrop but he managed to hear with the distance.

"Siyeon, you don't have to do this. Don't blame it on you," Yewon held Siyeon's hands in hers.

"I can't, it's because of me Kyla's missing. If only I didn't ask her to go away. She would never go missing. I'm so stupid. Why did I even talk like that to her?" Siyeon sobbed, covering her face.

Yewon pulled her into another hug and Sungyeon pat her back comfortingly.

"Don't worry, I know Kyla's strong. She's the strongest person I've known. She'll be okay. She'll come back. Kyla will." Sungyeon smiled assuringly at the upset Siyeon.

Jeno who was watching from the side can't help but feel bad for Siyeon. He wasn't particularly close to her but he felt the pain they were having.

Jeno was going through it too.

Herin's disappearance affected him. He didn't want to look troubled in front of his friends, so he keeps on acting fine.

Jeno knew the girls in his team had it tougher. They were a close bunch. Now, Koeun would sigh and Mark would worry over her. Hina blanks out a few times and suddenly scowl at others–except for Jaemin. Lami would turn quiet once she laughed and tears welled up in her eyes.

Yeri also acts ignorant all the time but Jeno knew best she was trying to act strong and not break down in front of them because she didn't want to make them worry more.

This doesn't even include the boys who had been trying to boost up the mood of their group. Mark chose his words wisely and carefully not to hurt anyone. Jaemin rather stayed quiet and stared at each person to make sure they're fine. Jisung acted nonchalant but he was upset about the whole thing. Donghyuck on the other hand, had been pushing himself to be happy and convince them all that they will find Herin no matter what.

The boy had a thing for Herin anyways.

"Jeno?" he turned around and saw the three girls.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for helping Siyeon. She doesn't want to admit that she appreciates it." Sungyeon said which made Siyeon nudged the elder.

Jeno glanced at the blushing Siyeon and grinned over her shyness.

She's cute.

Oh shit. You didn't hear that from me.

Siyeon would kill me if she knew I called her cute. The last time she threw sand in my face and the taste was terrible.

"It's okay. It wasn't a problem." Jeno said, smiling brightly.

"Aren't you two friends?" Yewon asked, looking at Siyeon then to Jeno.

Siyeon glared at Yewon for bringing up that topic while Jeno doesn't even mind at all. He let out a shaky chuckle. "We're not exactly close. We only know each other."