Chapter 25: There is something I do see

- Aweek later-

---- Hiccup's P.O.V ----

I wake up the sun is shining, terrible terrors are singing on the rooftops. I lye in bed and just think for a second, I think how lucky I am to turn my head to find MY beautiful sleeping wife next to me. Then I turn the other side to find MY amazing baby girl sleeping peacefully in her crib. I sit up and notice toothless staring at Amaya in her crib and raise my eye brow in confusion.

" Whats up bud?" I ask

Toothless then immediately jumps over to Amaya's crib and stands in front with his wings covering her out of defence.

" Hey hey hey, toothless it's just me, I didn't mean to startle you boy" I said calmly

Toothless then realizing it was only me slowly lowers his wings and heads back over to his sleeping block. wow, 'toothless was really quick at defending her' I thought to myself.

Just then Astrid began to wake, she slowly opened her eyes and looked over and smiled at me. She began to sit up and and reached over and helped her up.

" Thanks'She said as she slightly blushed

" Wow, not seen that in a while" I giggled

" What?" she asked looking around confused

I stroke her glowing cheeks and smiled " Nothing, I've just not seen you Blush in a while" I laughed

She blushed even more, then again we are only in our 20's, although we have a child and are married Astrid and I still feel like look struck teens. I loved it that way though, because then I knew our love would never ever fade.

" Did you know that toothless is very over protective when it comes to Amaya?" I asked her

" No, aw is he? that's so cute Hiccup. He must take after you" She giggled

" Wait! I'm not over protective?" I hissed

" You will be, trust me Hiccup I know how caring you are" She laughed

" Hey Bud! Do you want to go wake Stormfly, I think we should go on a morning flight" I said

Toothless nodded and jumped out the window and made his way to the dragon stalls.

Astrid leaned out the bed and grabbed her dressing gown, then she sleeping and I quickly jumped over and held her in my arms. We landed on the floor with me on top of Astrid.

She blushed like crazy

" So beautiful" I said as I pushed her bangs to one side

I leaned in and we kissed, a long and intense kiss. we pulled ourselves closer and our kiss became more passionate. We both gave out a moan and I grabbed Astrids legs and put them round my waist. I then lifted her up and she stood.

" I love you" I smiled

" I love you too" She blushed

Just then Toothless arrived at the window with stormfly, Astrid grabbed Amaya and I helped her onto stormfly. My father wanted to take care of Amaya today which was perfect as Astrid and I wanted to spend some time together. We arrived at my fathers house and dropped Amaya off.

" See you later dad" I said

" Where are you going boy?" He asked

" Ow you know us, just exploring as usual" I laughed

" Okay, don't get yourselves into trouble" He giggled

Astrid and I left on our dragons and flew for hours exploring islands, we stopped off at a mountain top to give the dragons a rest.

---- Astrid's P.O.V ----

Hiccup walked to the edge of the mountain and sat down, something wasn't right he seemed a little down.

" Whats the matter Hiccup?" I asked as I joined him using his shoulder to help me sit down

" I just don't think being Chief is me Astrid?" He said as he lowered his head.

" Hiccup? why on earth would you question being a good chief, your an amazing person Hiccup. You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon. There has never been that combination in a chief. Yes your different, but this sort of different is good Hiccup. Your an amazing Chief, an amazing father and MY amazing Husband. Never ever doubt that Hiccup" I said as I rested my head on his shoulders

He looked at me and smiled " But what if I can't find the real 'Chief' in me Astrid? I feel like I'm searching for this new person" He replied as he looked over at all the islands ahead.

I began to braid a part of my hair and shook her head " What your searching for isnt our there Hiccup" I said as I pointed at the islands in-front of us. " Its in here" I continued as I placed my hand over is heart. " You just don't know if yet" I said before I kissed his cheek.

" But there is something I do see Astrid?" He replied

I looked down and shook my head " Ow Hiccup" I muttered

He grabbed my cheeks and turned them to face the forest ahead of us, there was smoke and ruins everywhere. My eyes shot open and my mouth dropped.

" Come on lets check it out" I said

We ran to our dragons and headed to the forest.

( Little scene from HTTYD 2)