"So... You're not the one who has been sabotaging us?"

"Of course not," He said with a slightly offended tone, "Has everything been alright? Is Emil and Lukas ok?"

I let my guard down for a moment as I saw his sincerity, "We've been good as we can be. We did the right choice of leaving the clan and we have an apartment out of town. Emil got into high school just done and is actually making friends but other than that, we mostly keep to ourselves,"

"Are you and Lukas finally together?" He asked with a sly smirk.

"Shut up," I chuckled as I got embarrassed, "It took a while, but, yeah, we did,"

"That sounds great and all, but what you said about Tino and being sabotaged concerns me,"

I shrugged, "We will manage somehow. I thought it was you but I guess you're out of the question, now. So it must be someone else,"

"Maybe it is a coincidence? Tino is a cop, not a ghoul hunter,"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I still can't believe that you somehow found a partner and none less than a human,"

"I know, pretty crazy. It's a long story..." He glanced away to where Tino and Peter waited with a soft expression, "I guess change isn't a bad thing after all,"

I refrain myself from scoffing. No matter what Berwald said, I did not trust Tino at all. He seemed too suspicious to me and I see him and any other human as a threat.

As if Berwald knew what I was thinking of, he turned to face me, "You told me long ago that family is the most important thing in our lives. And I understand. You're still a brother to me. But Tino and Peter will always come first. And I will not tolerate any threat or danger that comes their way. So if for some reason, they are hurt because of you, I will not hesitate to do what I will have to do,"

His words left me in silence. I had thought that our conversation had lightened our relationship again but it seemed that it only drove Berwald more distant. He didn't say anything more and left.

________________________

- Alfred's POV -

"Hey, Keeks! Look! There's a whole, mashed up car here!"

"I don't think I would need any of that. Not like I could carry any of it,"

It was late night and I somehow had convinced Kiku to take me Junkyard searching with him as I had the whole day off. We had been hanging out a lot more recently, so he hadn't had the chance to go look for more things. He planned on going tonight, and I, being the generous hero I am, offered to tag along. To my surprise, he was actually excited to take me there. I've noticed he had been happier recently and I didn't want to get my hopes and ego up by saying it was because of me, but Hercules has hinted it. Although, I don't think he said it with as an optimistic approach to it.

So now, we were holding hands as I lead the way and I was glad that he hasn't pushed me away. It seemed that he started to trust me more.

The car I saw was old and looked like it was an olive green thar has turned to a brown due to the rust and the front part was smashed up, showing what was left of the old engine. The windows were gone and so were the doors.

"Man, this looks like it was a classic! Who would have thrown this in a junkyard!"

"Well, if its engine looks like this, I would have abandon it as well," Kiku commented as he inspected the destroyed vehicle.

"The seats look like they are intact," I said while letting go of his grip and climbed into the drivers seat. I placed my hands on the wheel and pretended I was driving. Kiku went around to follow and climbed onto the passenger seat, "You were right, Keeks. Treasure hunting at a junkyard in the middle of the night is actually pretty great,"