|14|

Virgil tapped his pen swiftly on his math homework that lay on the coffee table of the open space outside Roman's room and his own.

At the moment, Roman was out grabbing groceries- and while this would usually be done by some sort of Uber driver of sorts, he said it was absolutely, fantastically important that he make a special dinner himself for Virgil's birthday.

Virgil had to be thankful that his birthday landed on a Saturday but wasn't very thankful that he was doing math homework at seven AM.

Roman had only left a few minutes ago but Virgil wasn't surprised when his phone dinged with Roman's caller ID. Virgil picked up the phone and checked the text, Almost got hit- didn't hear a car coming...mind coming with me?

Virgil's heart lurched in worry before he groaned and got to his feet, "Typical." He put his homework down...he could always finish it later- later meant three in the morning on Monday.

Virgil grabbed his backpack and swung it over his shoulder- it had all the essentials he could ever need: Pencil, paper, and tons of strawberry pop tarts.
He was then down the stairs and out the door, waving goodbye to Roman's parents who sat at the breakfast table.

Virgil proceeded down the street, seeing Roman ahead of him across the street at the very edge of it.

Roman gave a wide wave and Virgil responding with a salute.

On any other day, Virgil was anxious and closed off, but hell, it was his birthday today, he felt as high as a kite- and not in the stoned way.

Virgil pulled out his phone as he approached Roman, texting him while he crossed the street- after looking for oncoming traffic before hand of course, he reached Roman, smiling at him before texting him.

Virgil: Come on, we gotta go, I need to show you something

Roman gave him a confused look but Virgil quickly ran around the corner, waving for Roman to follow.

Roman was highly confused as he chased after the other around the corner and down the Main Street, headed towards the town but for some reason at a quick pace.

"Come on Come on!" Virgil was overwhelmed with joy right now, not sure why, but looking at Roman boosted it.

Roman panted as he finally caught up to Virgil who had slowed down.

"Alright, I think we're far enough so your parents can't see us now."

Roman couldn't hear him or read his lips as he was walking beside Virgil so this only added further to his confusion, what is he going on ab-SHIT-

Virgil had begun holding Roman's hand, lacing their fingers together and giving him an affectionate squeeze.

Roman's face went completely red and he couldn't contain a confused smile, signing with a shaky other hand, Wh-what's this for?

Virgil shrugged with a dopey-grin, Not sure? I'm taking advantage of feeling fantastic

Roman chuckled, You never enjoy public displays of affection, what've you done with my Virgil?

Virgil's grin grew wider, My Virgil? Is that how you're clarifying me now, Princey?

Princey? Is that a new nickname now?

I guess it is, Virgil smiled.

SO SORRY
FOR NOT UPDATING
And even sorrier for this being short, however, it's because the next chapter will be a collab with cats_bears_demons ! They won the writing contest so they're going to be doing a collab with me and boy do we have a plot for you!

Also, this is to clarify, when Roman and Virgil sign to each other, I realize in reality signing isn't that detailed or punctuated, for fanfiction purposes I'm more so showing what they'd say if they could speak to each other rather than exactly what they're signing!
Anyway, more chapters coming soon I hope!
-Jay

((Also Lead Me To Deceit Has a new chapter! And events that go on there won't spoil events in this book until after they've been written about in this book so if you're updated with this book then you're good to read Lead Me to Deceit without spoilers in that book for this book! Speaking of books, oh geez they're my weakness, I went to the thrift shop to see what treasures could be found there this time and spent all my money just on books- some I already had, because you can never have too many books in my book!))