|5|

[Angst is coming...not sure how soon...probably pretty soon]

TW: Mentions of suicide

How the hell did Roman turn out so perfect from them?

Virgil was jolted from his thoughts when he felt a hand on his shoulder and smiled up at Roman.

Roman smiled back and wiped a tear away from Virgil's eye before grabbing his hand.

Virgil squeezed Roman's hand tightly and then allowed Roman to lead him in through the front door, shutting I behind them.

Roman's walls were a maroon-like red with darker borders and dim lights, looking almost like a really fancy restaurant.

Virgil wasn't used to this and it made him feel a little anxious, especially considering he was wearing kakis and a purple polo shirt...and no eyeshadow...he felt like Logan...but without glasses or the brains.

Roman could tell Virgil was feeling off and gave a little squeeze to the other's hand before leading him to a spiral, white staircase down the hall.

Virgil had to admit, this almost felt like a dream...and part of him wished it was...then Roman could hear, obviously, and Virgil's dad wouldn't have had a rope hugging his neck in the woods a few months ago, and-
Tom wouldn't be in prison... maybe things weren't too too bad...

"C...m...on." Roman whispered.

Virgil's attention was immediately directed to the raspy voice and he gave a reassuring raise of his eyebrows to show he was listening as Roman took him up the staircase until they reached the next floor.

Roman's house was two stories tall, the first story was pretty much all of Roman's parent's rooms, and the greatest part of that was that Roman got the entire second story to himself, which Roman had explained over text whilst they ascended up the staircase.

Roman opened the doors at the top of the staircase and allowed Virgil in.

"Such a gentleman." Virgil smirked at the ground before looking up and gaping. The upstairs was completely different and...it was one, gigantic room. Of course, this room did have other rooms within it but those were at the corners. It was a large living-room like area with one door on either side of the far side of the room.

"Where- where am I sleeping?" Virgil gasped before, once again, realizing Roman wouldn't reply. However, Virgil was sick of text and simply looked to Roman to lead him to wherever he wanted to instead.

Roman quickly side-stepped in front of Virgil then gingerly proceeded to show Virgil the room, however he stopped before the hallway that led to the room ended and stepped out of his sneakers, nodding to Virgil to indicate that he should do this as well.

Virgil hesitated, his black sneakers were the only normal clothing articles he had left...that plus his socks, but looking at how Roman had taken off his own socks as well, Virgil thought it was safe to assume he should do the same. So, Virgil stripped himself of the last black garment he had and followed Roman into the large room.

The room's walls were white with gold swirls painted on them, and the floor was a light brown carpet. Things weren't absolutely, strictly white though, as to not create a hospital like environment, which was what Virgil theorized, but had a whimsical sense to it that reminded Virgil of Roman, which automatically comforted him.

Roman first took Virgil to the closer left corner of the room where two couches were set up against the wall and faced a TV that was propped on top of a white entertainment stand with gold rims and red bows on the corners.

Roman then went on to the closer right corner where there was a small patch of white tiled-floor and two mini fridges and a microwave on top of a round, wooden table.

Roman opened up both fridges and gave a thumbs up to show that it was okay to open and get into them.

Virgil replied with a wide smile, this being good news.

"Fine...ly." Roman led the two of them to the middle of the room where a few chairs and a loveseat sat with a circular, fuzzy red carpet just there and a very small fridge that could fit a few sodas, it looked like a mighty fine place to hang out.

Roman excitedly flopped down on the chair pressed up against the loveseat and pulled a lever, causing the chair to slowly recline so Roman could lay back.

"No way." Virgil gasped and gaped and he could hardly contain how happy he was to be here. He let loose and slipped onto the carpet, snickering as the dizziness of it tickled his feet before he jumped onto the loveseat, laying on his back to look up at Roman with adoring eyes.

"I don't need you to have all this stuff for me to love you, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt." Virgil wasn't sure wether the joke would be offensive or not, which is why he said it.

Roman only rolled his eyes simply by looking at the smug look on Virgil's face.

"I...dot."

"Idiot?" Virgil corrected him by dragging out the vowels so he could lip-read.

Roman nodded.

"...s why...don't...ike...talkin...all...much." Roman sighed.

"It's why you don't like talking all that much..." Virgil murmured, not needed Roman to repeat the sentence but instead turning onto his stomach to look up at Roman.

"I love your voice." Virgil once again dragged out the vowels.

Roman's eyes shone sadly, "I don't." He whispered.

"We can work on it?" Virgil suggested.

Roman shrugged.

"Of course we can." Virgil put a hand on Roman's shoulder.

Virgil gave a pouty little face that was slightly sarcastic, "Pwease?"

Roman just had to barely glance at Virgil before he melted and gave in, "D...ork."

"You're talking more than you have in months." Virgil pointed out.

Roman couldn't understand this but shrugged.

Virgil grinned, "And the word dork does not phase me."

"Dork."

Virgil snickered and pulled out his phone.

Virgil: Of all words you could say clearly that's the one.

Roman looked at his text and chuckled slightly, "Dork.

"Ah shut up." Virgil lightly booped Roman's nose.

"Do~ork." Roman looked down at Virgil with a wide smile.

"Ah stop being so full of yourself, ya' bastard." Virgil elongated his vowels so Roman could lip-read, however, he soon regretted doing this.