|4|

[Another short chapter]

"That should be it." Virgil wiped sweat off his forehead as as waved the Uber driver away, who didn't seem too pissed off that he had waited there while Virgil and Roman loaded and unloaded stuff. All of Virgil's belongings had been brought up to Roman's room by Roman, the other insisting he take the belongings up so that he could surprise Virgil with his room.

Virgil had to admit that he was fairly excited, especially considering that Roman's driveway and garage were clean out of cars, meaning Roman's parents weren't home. Of course, this wasn't to suggest anything, it was simply that Virgil wasn't a big fan of them...if you can image rich homophobics who look down on the middle class, aka. check Virgil on that list, then you'd get Mrs. and Mr. Princeton, Roman's parents.

Virgil turned away from the now driving away Uber driver, by his good attitude he assumed that Roman paid the driver well. Virgil then made his way to the front doorstep where Roman was waiting.

Virgil had met Roman's family many, many times, Roman was an only child with parents who expected nothing but the best from him, so they needed to know who all his friends were to make sure they wouldn't weigh him down at all, academically speaking; this included Virgil, and he still remembered the first time he met Roman's parents, before Virgil had broken his leg, before they admitted they liked each other, before...

***
[One year ago]

"You can not wear any make-up or anything black. Now, I know that'll be hard for you considering-"

"Considering?"

"Oh for the stars' sakes, Virgil, you're wearing all black and make-up right now."

"It's eyeshadow, not make-up." Virgil folded his arms in the passenger's seat of Roman's car.

"Virgil, Eye-shadow is make-up, now I demand we go fix you up at my home before my parents arrive to judge you." Roman nodded as he strained to keep his eyes on the road, though he glanced at Virgil.

Virgil folded his arms and scowled, "Judge me?"

"My parents are the definition of the word picky." Roman sighed.

Virgil shrugged, "I don't care."

"You will if we're to have a future."

"A f-uture?" Virgil tried to hide the fact that he had just stuttered by putting on a pissed off face, a face he often had on.

Roman tightened his grip on the steering wheel after realizing what he said, "W-well- you know as, well, as friends, if we're to be friends my parents must approve of you."

"You make this sound like I'm your boyfriend." Virgil snickered before yelping as Roman slammed down on the breaks of the car, "What the hell was that for!?" Virgil hissed, his heart spiking from the shock of stopping so fast, though thankfully they were on a side-street, so Virgil was only moderately pissed off, mostly scared.

"No matter what...you can not, above all things, mention anything whatsoever about either of us being gay- or anything homosexual in general," Roman turned to look at Virgil dead in the eye, "Got it?"

Virgil had never seen Roman so serious in his entire life and he felt like he was looking into the eyes of hell itself, "G-got it."

Roman sighed and looked back towards the road before his phone dinged. He looked down at it briefly before groaning and beginning to turn the car around, "Scratch meeting at the house, we're meeting at the Italian restaurant down town."

"Oh...well, that's on the way to my house, let's just stop there?" Virgil suggested.

Roman nodded.

Both the boys were quiet before Virgil flinched as he felt a hand on his knee, looking up to see Roman's eyes were glazed.

"I'm sorry."

"...It's okay."