|7|

[Short Chapter]

'I love you, Roman.'
It sounded like-
Roman woke up with a start and he was greeted to a sleeping Virgil beside him.

I don't recall falling asleep...I don't recall anything Roman searches his mind for what had happened and then remembered the events from- he turned his head to a clock on top of the dresser which read 3:02 PM, so he had passed out around an hour ago and must have fallen asleep in between then and now...but how did he get here?

Roman immediately had recognized the room that he himself had designed, though he had hired others to make it into reality...he had saved two weeks of allowance for this, nothing much, only a couple thousand dollars. Anything for his prince. Roman smiled at Virgil, he looked a bit troubled in his sleep but it still looked quite fetchingly adorable, though there was hardly a thing that Roman found unadorable about Virgil, though he'd never admit this...probably.

Roman then realized that it must have been Virgil that had taken him here...Virgil could carry him?
Roman's face grew hot at the idea.
Oh my little, sleeping knight in black armor, how I do love you too-

Too?

Had Virgil said...? No, no, he must have dreamt it.

The one thing I don't regret is that I lost my hearing and not my eyesight...Roman thought with a sad smile, I couldn't live without seeing your precious face...how I long to hear your voice again, to hear you sing, to hear you to love you fully with all my senses...

Roman began to reach up to touch Virgil's face before something stopped him, and he then noticed that Virgil had drawn his comforter over him, causing Roman's face to match that of one of his many red scarves that he wore.

Roman half regretted that Virgil hadn't tucked himself in as well under the covers, then perhaps Roman could hug him and hold him and be there for him...though he knew Virgil would simply protest and squirm away, staring that he wasn't the one who had just fainted and he didn't need the attention...Roman also knew that Virgil actually did love the attention and wanted it whenever he could, so Roman gave it as often as possible, to make up for all the denial that Virgil provided.

Roman sighed quietly before pulling the comforter away and standing up, pulling the comforter back over to the edge of the bed so it was now neatly over the bed. Roman couldn't help but gain an increase in heart rate upon swing Virgil curl up tighter at the lack of a warm body beside him. Roman wished he could take a picture but knew that Virgil wouldn't enjoy that, and he had to respect at least one of the boy's wishes.

Roman crouched down to assume a position on top of the bed before flopping down gently beside Virgil.

Virgil let out a small groan as Roman had flopped too fast and woken the other up briefly.

Roman quickly wriggled up to Virgil so now their knees and arms touched.

Virgil squinted slightly, not entirely awake, and not entirely in control of his actions, he smiled and turned over so his back was turned to Roman, he then proceeded to squirm backwards until he was pressed up against Roman and sighed contently, falling into sleep a few moments later, all whilst Roman's face burned a bright red at the shorter boy's actions.

Roman slowly and carefully wrapped his arms around Virgil and pressed his forehead against the back of Virgil's head.

Virgil responded with a happy hum in his sleep, making Roman blush harder and smile wider.

Virgil hardly ever allowed Roman to hold him like this, making it a rare occasion and a lovely one when Roman was simply able to silently admire the other this much, he loved Virgil more than words could tell...if he could tell such words, and despite the struggles that they went through and they still would go through, right now, in this very moment, life itself seemed pretty damn great, Roman had Virgil and Virgil had Roman and silence was, for once, a friend of theirs. Perhaps things would always be this way, perhaps not...if it were though, Roman was almost a hundred percent sure that he could live with this, he'd love to live with this, and by the looks of Virgil in this state right now, he would agree.

Roman pressed a light kiss to the back of Virgil's head, admiring how soft the darkly-dressed boy's hair was before closing his eyes and letting out a content sigh himself, Little knight, Little Prince, I do love you so, though you may not know, I want you to hear me when I say...

Roman wasn't able to say I love you; he wasn't able to hear his lover's words of affection; he wasn't able to sing words of love to Virgil; he wasn't able to hear Virgil sing words of love back;

Roman was able to love Virgil.

...'I love you'