What I like

[Elena's P.O.V]

I looked up at Garrett, who was serious in disposition, and surprisingly concerned. His expression was a little menacing, but with all that was going on, it was reasonable. He was so focused, even though this issue was never his to begin with. I respected him for everything he had done up until this point, and even the things he did for me. He had saved me on countless occasions; I was almost lost in my own thoughts about how I admired him, until Garrett snapped me out of it.

"C'mon, this is no time to be spacin' out."

"Right, sorry..." I blushed lightly, embarrassed that he noticed so easily. I was not really able to hide my feelings well.

"We have two things to do: save your parents, and then find out who's after you."

"Y-Yeah. I don't want this to go on any longer than it already has."

I stood up, brushing my hair out of my face and gaining confidence.

"It's time we get to the bottom of this, right Garrett?" I said, now brimming with optimism and self-assurance.

"You bet. Let's tag team and beat those pieces of crap. I'll show them who they're dealing with," Garrett said excitedly; he rarely sounded that animated.

"Yeah ... you bet we will." I said with a smile.

"I know where we could go; I hinted at it before."

"Where would that be?"

"I'll tell you in a bit; we should go get our stuff from my apartment. Again, the stuff we have inside there is no longer in a safe place."

"Good point."

I followed Garrett's plan accordingly, and got what I needed. Garrett got some of his own things, put on a new shirt (I still don't know how I managed to remain calm seeing him without a shirt), and jammed important belongings into a messenger bag. I peeked into his room, watching him as he slowly put his family pictures into the bag, snapping an elastic band around them. Something tells me he doesn't always carry that with him ... I wonder what's different this time.

His bike was still in the apartment garage, carefully parked. Leaving with what we needed, Garrett drove away as fast as he could, and drove out into the countryside area coasting Athanas City. I could tell he was smiling, even though he was facing away from me. It was refreshing, holding onto him as we drove out of the city with a nice breeze. I could stay here forever. It didn't take us very long till we reached a small place, labeled 'Auto Repairing and Parts'. Garrett parked the bike outside the building, and walked to the small house behind the auto shop. Garrett knocked on the door, waiting patiently. Soon, an older looking man, who looked about fifty, opened up the door. The man was pretty fit for someone his age. There was a silent pause between the two, but that ended rather quickly, with both of them bursting into laughter. They hugged and smiled at each other.

"Nice to see you again, Uncle Dray."

"Nice to see ya again Garrett, after all these years."

Uncle? No wonder they looked alike.

"Who's this, your girlfriend? You didn't come all this way just to tell me you got a girl, didja?" His uncle said with a slight smirk.

Garrett and I began blushing, when he said the word 'girlfriend'.

"It's nothing like that, Uncle."

"Bummer. Well, c'mon in you two, and tell me what's up."

Although on the exterior of the building, it looked a little run down, the inside was tidy and clean. Garrett did say earlier that he spent some of his childhood here ... before and after the death of his family.