Winging it (cont.)

Turk slowly walked through the main entrance of the mall, looking around to see where Lora was. Their original plan was to meet up, go to a coffee shop, and then go to the mall. Turk felt bad for making her embarrassed, only realizing he did after she ran off. He had no idea where he was going to find her.

"Turk!"

"Oh, it's just you." Turk adjusted his earpiece, listening to what Garrett was saying.

"Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, bud." Turk let out a chuckle, walking towards the mall map.

He glanced down at the lighted visual board, looking down to see where would be the most likely location for Lora to be in. Lora had changed since eleventh grade, more tomboyish, less feminine, but still managed to juggle the attitude of someone who was both tomboyish and feminine. Turk wanted to make it up to her as soon as he could, the opportunity presented itself much quicker than he had expected.

"Lora?"

The moment his eyes caught hers, she began blushing crazily, running off down the large hallway of stores. It was obvious she did not expect to see him; Turk chased after her, calling her as he ran. Both of them were getting all kinds of looks, until Turk finally caught up to her.

"Lora."

"I-I'm sorry, Turk ... I just ..."

Turk gently hugged Lora, closing his eyes as he hugged her.

"I'm here for you ..." Turk said without stuttering.

Garrett and Elena were sitting down at some sofas nearby, telling Turk what to say.

"I um ... I'm sorry for scaring you before." Turk let her go as he rubbed his head, looking at a completely surprised, blushing Lora. "I like you." Turk blurted out by accident, caught up in the moment.

"W-What?"

"Wait, what?"

Garrett face-palmed, along with Elena. Turk didn't even have a lead up statement when he said that, and Lora was even more surprised.

"I-I ... like you too." Lora mumbled quietly as she leaned into Turk. They were getting looks again.

Turk smiled as he hugged her, standing where they were at the mall. Garrett and Elena chuckled, seeing how the plan went awry, but barely required their help. Mission success!