Reminiscence

[Garrett's P.O.V]

Jared Quinn: he was the missing link. That jerkoff was targeting us, him and his stupid trench coat cronies.

"Garrett ... he's the son of my parents' rivals. I'm positive his family is the reason yours isn't alive ..." Elena spoke quietly as she stood closely to me.

"What?!"

"Don't show any anger about your family, he's trying to provoke you ..."

I held my feelings back, growling lowly. Normally I would lash out, regardless of what Elena would say ...

"Tonight, let's meet in that alleyway, the same place you stopped me from making 'er give up her dough ... we'll settle this once and for all. Bring Arrington with you, or her family'll bite it." Jared drove off with Sheila, leaving his helmet behind. It was probably his way of saying he's a badass or a dumbass, since driving without a helmet is dumb.

"What should we do, Garrett?"

"Let's go back to my uncle's place, we can discuss what to do there. It isn't safe to talk about this kind of stuff here."

As Elena and I were about to leave, we both glanced back as we heard footsteps from behind us. It was Lora.

"I'm sorry about being rude to you earlier, I didn't mean it ..." Lora said nervously, looking up at me with this scared expression. Am I that intimidating?

"Don't sweat it, I'm sorry as well. You should go straight home and lock down though. Sheila isn't trustworthy anymore; we don't know what exactly what will happen next, so be on guard."

Lora nodded and ran off, going back to the school. I think she was going to get Dylan.

"How are we going to get back to your uncle's place? Our mode of transportation was Jared's bike ..."

"I've got that covered. One of my friends is always good for a backup drive, and I don't want to risk getting Uncle Dray caught in these crosshairs." I took Elena's hand, leading her to the turf behind our school. Turk and Carson would be there.

I was right when I guessed Lora was going to get Dylan, because sure enough, she was standing beside him. Turk and Carson were both there, watching me walk in with Elena. "You finally decided to show up, Clint. Finally." Carson glared at me slightly, slowly walking up to me. "C'mon man, you're not leavin' us for her, right?" Turk looked at me, with a glare similar to Carson's. They were both mad at me. Great.

"Of course not. I have to explain something to the two of you."

"What would that be?" They both asked in unison.

To spare the boring details, I explained the whole situation to Carson, Turk, and Dylan; all of them seemed a little shocked at the numerous revelations, which was understandable.

"So, by pickin' a fight to save 'er, you got caught up in this mess?" Turk asked, looking less upset.

"Yup. Only, I was kind of already involved without knowing, since um ... this dude messed up my life too."

Turk went silent the moment Carson piped up.

"We're sorry man ... Oi!" Carson walked over to Elena, and fell to the ground on his knees, like he was prostrating, or something. Either way, it was completely unnecessary, but also a very 'Carson' thing to do.

"I'm sorry! I thought Clint finally got a girl or whatever, so I thought he left us for you, but I didn't know about all that shit ... I'm sorry!" Carson sounded genuinely apologetic when he said this, leaving Elena and myself speechless. Why did they think we were together? We're total opposites ...Wait, did he say 'finally'??