(Jail)birds of a feather

[2 years since the alleyway incident]

"And here's your cell!" An overly happy police officer exclaimed to Jared.

The cell was dry, grey, and really dirty. The bucket that was considered a toilet was covered with dust. Jared was quite mad considering this situation. He was found guilty of his charged crimes, including multiple minor crimes, lost in the court case regarding his detainment; he was now stuck in a medium security prison. Then again, there's no pity for someone like him. Just as Jared was about to enter the cell, he saw Sheila, his girlfriend, being walked to the cell next to him. The two had spent a long time a part, but her complicit actions in his crimes put her there too.

"Oh Sheila ..."

"Jared ..."

They both reached out to each other, but were stopped once three things happened; their cuffs holding them back, a police officer preventing contact, and a voice down the hall.

"Oi! Move the girl a next cell over and put the other guy there!"

Sheila was moved away from Jared, their hands growing farther apart. Both were on the verge of melodramatic tears. Jared had partaken in two homicide cases, indirectly involved with one and the murderer in other, while Sheila had smuggled her own father's weapons to help Jared, as well as an accomplice to the murder of an innocent nurse. Neither felt remorse.

"Ok big guy, you're here."

A large guy, at 6'5, was standing beside Jared. Jared was tall as well, but he wasn't big like this guy. Apparently, this huge man was being detained for something very simple; common shoplifting. The sole reason he was not put in a Minor security prison was because of how powerful he was. The three inmates (Jared, Huge Dude, and Sheila) were led into their cells, chained to the wall with a small bowl of food placed beside each cell mate. Jared and Sheila were annoyed they couldn't be beside each other.

"Sheila, baby, it'll be ok.."

"Oh Jared-"

"Shut up, both of you! I'm trying to sleep, asshats!" The burly guy spoke angrily, shutting his eyes as he began to snore. It seemed the new jail Sheila and Jared were being detained in was going to be an interesting experience.