The Crash

[Elena's P.O.V]

Garrett was the only person who I told about my brother, since I had never told anyone in high school I had a sibling ... once. Telling him felt right.

"You awake?"

I sat up from the bed, startled by the sudden yell.

"What ... ?"

I got out of bed and walked into the main room. Garrett was making ... breakfast.

"What about-"

"School? Today's Saturday." He said, not looking up. He was making scrambled eggs.

"Oh, I didn't realize ..." I yawned, stretching my arms.

"Say, Elena? Do you sleep with a plush toy or something when you sleep?"

My face heated up, because it was true. Why would he ask that?!

"W-Why do you ask?"

"I would just like to know why you clung to me to me so tightly last night, that's all." He said, wearing a mischievous grin.

"W-Well ..."

"I'm joking, I was trying to get a reaction from you." He let out a chuckle as he smiled. "Anyways, do you like eggs?" He looked up, just as he finished making the scrambled eggs.

"Eggs are cool." I said with a stupid grin on my face. Man, I must look dumb.

"Cool. Sit down."

He put the pan down onto the table, pulling out the chair for me. Such a gentleman.

"T-Thanks Garrett."

"Here." He set a plate down with scrambled eggs in front of me.

"What about you?"

"Already ate. I'm full, so just say if you want more."

He sat down on the couch, looking extremely bored as he stared out the apartment window. I started eating the scrambled eggs, feeling awkward with the silence.

"Garrett ..."

"What?"

Before he could answer, my phone rung again. I got up and answered; it was Lora.

"Lora, it's nice to hear from you! What's up?"

"Elena, it's bad ..." The way her voice dropped ... this can't be good.

"What is?"

"I don't know how to say this, but ... there was a car accident; your parents, they ..."

I hung up and got all my stuff, about to leave.

"Whoa, where are you-"

"Come with me!"

"W-Whoa!"

I dragged Garrett out the door and ran to elevator, clicking the 'G1' button countless times. Even as I rushed him out, he was careful to make sure he had locked the door and prevent me from tumbling into the elevator wall.

"Do you have a vehicle we could use?!"

"Y-Yeah, I've got a bike ..."

"We need to use it, urgently! Wait, how long have you had a bike for?"

"That's not important, you have somewhere to be, right?"

Good point.

"R-Right."

We reached the first floor, where I dragged Garrett outside. He got out of my grasp and led me to the garage. He had a standard motorbike.

"Where did you-"