"Anyway, the reason why I called.." She trails off, wanting to change topic. 

She doesn't know that Souma frowns at her words. He's not worried about what she has to say, it's more like he knew he said something to upset her. He began replaying the words he said, and finally found it after awhile-- the mention of his first ever friend in Tootsuki.

".. Hello? Souma, you still there?" Her voice brings him back to reality.

"Uh, yeah. So why did you call?" He acts as if he didn't figure it all out.

"You know that Christmas isn't that far, right? I was thinking if you wanted to do anything for the occasion?" There. She finally asks him the question.

There's a pause from the other line.

Ayano listens to his breathing, letting it calm her. 

"I've been thinkin' 'bout it, to be honest."

"I'm listening."

So they talked, discussed and said all their opinions. They jotted down notes and marked their calendars for all their plans.

It took them a few hours, in actuality. They got sidetracked most of the time, but they got what they wanted: a plan during the holidays.

"Okay, we're done."

His sigh tells Ayano that he's so done.

"Took us long, but it's worth it."

"Yeah, especially if I get to see you in a really nice getup."

"I always dress nicely, of course."

"Just admit you wanna impress me."

"I-Impressing you isn't that hard! Plus, I don't need to try so hard to look nice." That's a lie.

"Huh, guess you're right." He didn't know a thing.

There's yelling from what Ayano can tell, and she knows that Souma is needed for something.

".. Aya.."

"Just go," she smiles as she imagines him pouting.

"I wish we had more time.."

"We arranged twelve days together, Souma. We have less than two weeks left.""

"Aight. I'll see you?"

"Do you not want to?"

"Okay, okay, sorry. I'll hang up already. Love you."

She almost melts at the last two words.

"Love you, too, Souma."

Ayano hears the line beep, and she knew the call was over. Though her smile doesn't falter. She loved the plan they had discussed. 

What they were going to do?

Spend twelve days together during the holidays. Christmas day will be their last, so they'll have to make it last.

Day 1

Saito has been wondering what would his sister and her boyfriend would do for the winter holidays. He couldn't get an answer from her for so long.

However, Ayano had revealed that Souma would be joining them for dinner. Saito was pleased to hear this, at least.

So when night time had came, Souma is welcomed inside their humble home.

"Nice to see you again, Souma-nii," the younger Hirashima greeted the redhead with a small smile on his face.

"Back right at you, kid," Souma nodded as well. He simply smiled thinly to hide his nervousness, even though there's really nothing to worry about.