C24. Back Home

I wanted to make this a chapter about the siblings. And I'm satisfied with it. I also kind of changed my writing style, not sure if you readers will notice tho.

Normal Point of View

Hours later, goodbyes and farewells and promises were said before Ayano and Saito went back to their home, thinking that they won't ever come back to the Polar Star Dorm again. Both were quite sad, but it was especially Ayano who was really heavyhearted, leaving all the friends she had grown to love behind, and her dreams of graduating as well.

As they were inside their car, Saito turns to Ayano, his face blank. "Did you talk about it with Souma-nii?" He inquires from Ayano, now with eyebrows raised and staring at his older sister, waiting for her answer in pure suspense. He really wanted to know, he wanted to know if he and Ayano had sorted it out, or else going back to the Dorm was for naught.

The older of the two ponders on what was she going to answer. Of course she has to make sure she uses the right words and also not end up stammering or stuttering with her words, she'll definitely get embarrassed about it. "Yes, Souma and I talked about it," the light brown haired female nods her head at the younger male, answering, "We'll keep in touch. I'll tell him what's happening to me from time to time."

Saito was a bit taken aback that Ayano didn't say anything else. He knew better, that Ayano would explain it in a more detailed manner if she wasn't flustered, but he let's it slide, since there must be something Ayano doesn't want to tell him, if that was the case anyway.

"You know that both of them might not let you come back to Tootsuki, right?" After a few moments, the younger sibling then asks from Ayano to not let their silence last that long. And, besides, asking Ayano some questions about their current situation isn't so bad, he's just preparing for their upcoming future. The future of their restaurant, anyway, and his sister's future.

"I've considered that possibility as well. I didn't tell Souma that I would be permanently be out of Tootsuki, since I wasn't sure, but I'll tell him tonight if it really is going to happen," the answer of Ayano to Saito's question definitely surprised the said male. They talked, but Ayano didn't mention about her leaving her school for good? That just isn't right, for Saito, at least; if she really loved him, she would have told Souma, because he does have the right to know.

"Ayano, why didn't you even tell--"

The older sister cuts her younger sibling off, quite displeased or uptight about Saito's questions and own resolves. "Saito, I know that! I know that, okay?" Ayano then snaps, clutching her eyes shut tight, "I know that I may never see them again, so I didn't tell them, or even Souma at least! The goodbyes from Yoshino and Fumio-san was already sad enough for me, what would happen to me if I see a unhappy Souma? Do you even know how that feels? Do you know how it's like to be separated from the people you love and treated as family when your own wasn't there?! Do you, Saito?!" Her voice raises by octaves, her irritation and distress could be obviously deciphered by Saito; Ayano is too swayed by her emotions right now to even think of the outcomes of her sudden reaction.

After Ayano's sudden outburst of her permanent dismissal, Saito looks down, then out of the window. He shakes his head, his brown hair moving in sync to answer the question from Ayano's outburst just now.