S1. Surprises on Valentines Day

Normal Point of View

Once again, it's been awhile since Ayano had last seen Souma.

The both of them weren't able to see each other during Christmas, and even New Years; they were both especially busy.

Ayano with her restaurant, and her family; her mother was showing signs of letting go of her life, and Ayano was sure to be there for her mother and give her all the support she is able to give.

Souma, with his duties at Tootsuki. As per usual, he was very busy with aiming for the top and all that; trying new recipes and becoming better at cooking than ever before.

However, a certain maid had made Ayano want to do something for Souma for that certain occasion.

One late evening, Ayano arrived home, tired and already wanting to sleep before dinner. But before she could even reach her room, her brother and his girlfriend had approached her.

"Ayano, do you know the occasion for next week?" Saito then asked, eyebrows raised, arms crossed as he looked down on Ayano.

".. Is it important?" Ayano asked back, eyes already threatening to fall at this state. She's so tired not just because of work, but because she also hasn't been sleeping well. Tonight, she might not be able to call Souma.

"Um, yeah?" Krista and Saito says in sync, still looking at Ayano, hoping she would have some sort of reaction.

"Tell me. I don't have time for this," yawning, Ayano requested from both younger ones, covering her mouth.

"It's Valentines Day next week."

**

Ever since then, Ayano has been working on her so called perfect chocolate gift for Souma every night when she comes home.

It's quite amusing to watch at first, but then it would be pitiful because Ayano is going around the kitchen, trying to find inspiration for what to give Souma.

"Mistress, I'm sure that Yukihira would be very pleased with anything that you give him," Krista says from the counter, "Mere chocolate is not able to express one's love for another."

Ayano groans, "I know," she agrees, "But I want to give him something. It's an important thing for girls to give their loved ones something on Valentines Day."

Quietness follows after that, but Ayano breaks the ice when she realized something that Krista said.

"Mere chocolate, huh.." Ayano mutters, getting up and began gathering her ingredients, a plan forming in her head.

Saito, just in time, enters the kitchen, eating a bag of chips.

"What happened to Ayano?" The only male asked, standing beside Krista as he watched Ayano walk around the kitchen in a frenzy.

"I don't really know," the blonde sweat dropped, "But she got some sort of inspiration when I said something."

"So it's safe to say that she has a plan?" Saito then throws his crumpled bag of chips in the bin perfectly, dusting his hands after.

"Yeah.."

"So you wanna go out next week, too?" With a small smirk that Krista would always notice, Saito turns to his girlfriend, tilting his head a bit cutely.

"Let's plan, first. Mistress has to finish her chocolates before anything else," Krista doesn't bat an eyelash at all in Saito's failed attempt of making her blush.

"You're no fun.."

**

Valentines is already the present day, and Ayano had just arrived at Tootsuki, wearing some accessories to disguise herself.