C5. Meat Master

Ikumi was surprised once again when she realized who she was talking to. "You're the transfer student?! The one from the opening ceremony!" She exclaims, then she suddenly smirked, "I wanted to try talking with you. Well, to think you would try to join in other's shokugeki, you must be expecting that you'd win."

Souma faced Ikumi, "If you want we can battle in your territory.... Meat dishes, was it? Either way, I'll win," Souma brags and that got Ikumi more fired up.

"Then, if you lose to me will you quit Tootsuki?" She leans in a bit closer to the redhead. She placed her hands on her hips, "If your all bark and no bite then I--"

"Yeah, that's fine with me!" Souma cuts her off, "In return.... You'll.." Souma couldn't think of anything, he can't decide what would the female do if she lost.

"Ah, what about joining the Don RS? That's going to be pretty tough on you, right, Mito-san?" Ayano taunts the startled girl.

"Ehhhh?!?"

"Nice, nice one Hirashima!" Souma pats Ayano on the shoulder. "Yeah. If you lose the shokugeki, you'll have to join the Don RS and help advance their abilities; it's only an apology for troubling then," the male first year nods his head, liking the idea.

"You really want to win against me, huh?" Ikumi chuckled, "Contractors, we're retreating for today!" When her men left, she turns back to Souma and Ayano. "I accept the right to choose the theme! The main ingredient is meat, the course to make is Don! The match will be held in three days!" Ikumi leaves after waving goodbye, already planning in her head.

"Hirashima... Yukihira, why are you helping?" Kanishi questions the younger students.

Souma explained that he couldn't take it because Ikumi was acting all high and mighty about having pricey meat.

"Eh? Why would I help? Isn't it a waste for this place to be shut down?" Questioned Ayano, her eyebrows furrowed,  "After all, maybe I could learn a thing or two here; I came all the way here to Tootsuki to be one of the best!"

Megumi twiddled with her thumbs, "But do you have any chances of winning?"

"I'm thinking about that now," Souma then mutters, and everyone except him was startled by his reply.

"Let's prepare for battle!"

The Night Before The Shokugeki

Ayano shook her head in disagreement, "It tastes good, but Mito-san's dish is more like.... You know, mind blowing," she states, making gestures here and there.

"You see, Nikumi is a master of meat; beef is mostly her specialty.." Kanishi explains things about Don's and how will they defeat Ikumi.

"Just go with beef don, simple," Ayano rolls her eyes and sips on her tea that she brought with her when they went to the club room.

"But with beef, there's no way we'd be able to beat Nikumi!" Ayano shook her head at Kanishi's protests once more, "I can tell that Yukihira wants to use beef don as well. I'm sure we have the same reasons.."

Kanishi looks at Souma so that he could find an answer out of him. "Nikumi is looking down on that, you know?! To make her admit defeat that don is great, we have to beat her with a beef don or it would be all for nothing!" Souma speaks his kind out loud proudly, putting the receipt book down.

Afterwards, Kanishi and Souma brainstorm on some idea's. That was until they realized that they didn't have much money left.

"I can lend you guys some," Ayano tells them, "My parents gives me money through my bank account and--"