C20. A Long Night

I'd like to thank GamerGirlHQ for voting on all the chapters of this book. Thank you so much!

***

The blanket that covered my whole body, including my head, seemed so comforting more than ever. The warmth it provided made me want to hide there forever.

I couldn't face anyone right now.

Not even Takumi.

I may have made it to top four in our block, but as last place? I've obviously disappointed myself.

I lost to Takumi, him winning over one point.

"Hira-chan!~ We're having a party to celebrate!" Came the voice of the only second year in the dorm.

I didn't respond, only gripping the sheets around me tighter. Isshiki-senpai knows I'm not in the mood, so I'm only hoping he won't bother me.

"Hm? I'll just have someone wake you up, then! We can't can't have you in the party!" That was the last thing I heard before it went silent once again.

Minutes later, someone knocks on my door.

I don't answer, planning to pretend to sleep so that they won't bother me anymore.

"Ayano, are you really asleep?"

It was Takumi who was knocking.

"Takumi, since when did you get so close to Hirashima?"

The voice of Yukihira made me more stubborn. If he was behind that door, I absolutely won't go out!

The two supposedly rivals conversed for awhile, forgetting what they were actually suppose to do. I wish they'd forget what they were there for, but luck wasn't on my side today.

"We're suppose to talk Ayano out of it!"

"Hm? Why won't she go out anyway? Is she asleep?"

"..."

"She might be, right? So let's just leave her alone and come back again later."

".... F-Fine.."

A sigh escaped my lips when the sound of footsteps faded, indicating that they weren't near my room anymore.

Did I upset the both of them? I should have gotten out of the room after all. But Yukihira was there, I couldn't possibly face him!

If I have to be honest, I think I have figured out what is wrong with me for the past few months.

I.... I'm i--

"Hirashima, you aren't really asleep, are you?" The rather monotone voice of Yukihira made me freeze.

He was still here?! I thought he had left?!

"I know you're awake, so please let me in. I want to tell you something," said Yukihira from the other side of the door.

He was going to tell me something?! What is it?

No, no. It can't be something serious. He's Yukihira, maybe he's going to let me taste one of his dishes or something like that.

I checked myself in front of the mirror just in case I didn't look presentable. But I, fortunately, do.

The gray colored sweatshirt I had was something I bought from Italy. It was cute, so I brought it here as well in Tootsuki. And since it was cold, I wore black leggings beneath my shorts just for style.