C27. Escapes and Confessions

Before everyone else knew it, the first round is over. The winner made Ayano and the rest cheer happily, the results really amazed them. Since Souma had defeated Alice, some of them were confident to say that Souma would win this whole thing, but Ayano thought otherwise, she just didn't say anything to not have their hopes down.

As they were all cheering for Megumi since she would be in the next round, Souma and Ayano stood behind most of their friends together. It was like a set up, but Ayano didn't mind, she wouldn't say that out loud, though.

"Ah, Megumi has surely grown while I was away," Ayano absentmindedly commented a bit louder than she was suppose to, holding the fan that was given to her lowly because her arm was already tired of holding it up.

"Mm, she sure has," Souma also agrees, folding his arms across his chest as he glanced at Ayano and back at the arena over and over again. He really had an idea in mind, but he wasn't sure if he should actually execute it or not.

And, Ayano, after a few minutes, noticing that Souma isn't as talkative as before, looks at him. She catches him glancing at her, and she frowns slightly in worry, "Souma, are you alright?" She asks him with genuine concern in her tone of voice.

Souma looks back at her, and shyly scratched his cheek. "I'm doing fine," he answers, smiling, "I'm just thinking of wanting to leave this place for awhile with you," he doesn't get to do it as coolly as he thought he could in his mind.

"Oh.." Blushing, Ayano takes in the information. She's still quite new to being alone with Souma, so it makes her kind of nervous and fidgety. But she did like to spend some time with him, so she agrees. "If you want, we could leave for a few minutes and come back to see the results of Megumi's match," Ayano suggests, biting her bottom lip.

Quite surprised by this, Souma just stares at her for a moment. His lips turn upwards into a grin, and he takes her hand so that he won't lose her from the crowd. "Let's take a walk outside and talk," he says, and pulls her with him as he walks.

Ayano doesn't protest about their joined hands, and just smiles as she follows Souma and weaved through the crowd of students.

Both of them reached the outside of the large arena building, and Souma doesn't stop until their near some trees to avoid some suspicion of students who might see them together.

The redhead is silent for awhile, and Ayano couldn't help but smile at this. "Souma, you're quiet," she points out, rocking back and forth on her feet.

"I didn't expect you to be here," Souma responds back, ".. Or maybe I did. But, you didn't tell me anything, so I thought that maybe you wouldn't come and see the first round."

"I wanted to see you anyway. It was the perfect time for me to go here and see everyone else back in the dorm," informing Souma, she says.

Nodding his head, Souma takes in Ayano's features. It's only now that he notices that she's wearing something different today. It makes the blood rise to his cheeks, and he sighs. "After this, when's the next time we'll see each other?" His question was something Ayano didn't anticipate, leaving her quiet for a slight moment to ponder on the thought.

"I'm-I'm not sure," she stammers with one word, looking down to not lock gazes with the male in front of her, "The reason why I came here is mainly for me to see and talk to you about it."

"Go on, then," he ushers her, quite anxious of whatever she was going to say next.

"I don't know when will be the next time I'll see you and the others again," Ayano began, frowning, "I've been busy with the restaurant, and my parents are arranging some other meetings with their friends for me to meet their children to form some sort of alliance with them. I don't know when all those will be over, and who knows when we'll meet again."