C21. Surprising News

The next morning, I wake up to find myself on my bed.

Groggily sitting up, I yawned, looking around. Then it finally dawned to me that I wasn't actually suppose to be here. I remember falling asleep in Marui's room last night before I could even get out of his room.

How did I end up here, then?

Looking around my room, I find a piece of paper on top of my nightstand. Picking it up, I began to read it:

You fell asleep last night so I carried you to your room
And don't look for me, I'll be helping Isshiki-senpai with something

- Souma

Placing the paper back down, I stared at the ceiling for a moment, thinking what to do for today.

The main tournament doesn't start in two weeks, so I can do whatever I want for now unless someone tells me what the theme for my match would be, and who my opponent would be.

With a sigh, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand, and ended up staring at the black screen as well, as if I was waiting for something to happen.

And as if on cue, my phone rings.

Seeing who the caller was, I answered immediately.

It was Saito.

"Hello?" I heard Saito's voice from the other line.

Sitting up, I answered back, "Morning, Saito. Is there anything you need from your sister?"

"Ayano, are you free today?"

"I believe so. What's the problem?"

"You see, mom and dad wants to see you."

"What for?"

"I want to tell you, but I can't."

"Why is that?" Beginning to get curious, I got out of bed, and started rummaging through my things to get ready to leave. "Did something urgent happened? I haven't received any calls from either of them."

"The only information I am able to tell you, is that you probably won't like it. But you still need to go."