C6. Hellish Training Camp

It's a wonderful day, there's no classes and students get to sleep in as long as they want. But of course, there's always that one person who wants to ruin the moment.

"Good morning Hira-chan! It's a very nice weather fo--"

"No, Isshiki-senpai. I don't want to join gardening with you in this horrid morning.." Ayano groggily answered, looking at the golden horn that used to be dusty and dirty.

"Pleeeease! I want you to help me with something! Come out when you're changed into more comfortable clothes!" Isshiki's voice raises, and Ayano finds it very unpleasing for her ears.

Ayano face planted on her pillow, she brought it just in case of emergencies; what if she came and there was no pillows? So she came prepared. "What was the word I was looking for...? Ah, that's right; nooo," Ayano slurred the last letter a bit longer to emphasize how lazy she was.

CLUNK

"Now, now, Hira-chan. Today's a ni--"

"Fuck you and your ways!!!" Ayano exclaims, she was slowly waking up and Isshiki's plan was working.

"Don't say that! Young ladies shouldn't swea--" but Isshiki was cut off before he could even finish his sentence.

Ayano cuts him off once more, throwing something she picked up from her desk nearby; which was a small figurine of an owl. "Give it back and I'll be there," Ayano lazily glared at the upperclassman.

"See you there, Hira-chan!" Isshiki lightly throws the owl figure on her bed and placed the squared tile back.

She rubs her face, and gets ready for the morning.

Fifteen Minutes Later

"Wow, to think he even grows his own ingredients," Souma states, he was amazed that this place even had a garden!

"There's a lot of people who do that in the Polar Star Dorm," Yuuki puts her hands behind her head. Suddenly, they see someone, Ayano, descending the flight of stairs they were about to pass.

Deciding to not disturb her, Yuuki continued walking, but made sure that Ayano was following right behind them, "Ibusaki cuts the wood he uses for smoking by himself. Ryoko specializes using Shiokouji, so she has her own work room. I also have raise animals around here. And finally.." She trails off as they went to the back door, "This place is mostly prepared by Isshiki-senpai!" Yuuki spreads her arms wide open to emphasize the large garden.

"A plantation where ten different species of vegetables grow!"

"Wow... And we only have eight.."

Souma sees Isshiki in the distance, he caught Souma's stare. "Ah, good morning, Souma-kun, Yoshino-kun and Hira-chan! Doing manual labor in the morning makes your heart healthy," he tells the first years.

Megumi appears with a cute getup, carrying a basket of picked vegetables. "Souma-kun, we could pick this much here!"

"Ah, Tadokoro... Isshiki-senpai also called you here?" Ayano spoke behind the redhead, peeping from behind his shoulder.

"Mmm!" Megumi answered, and Ayano glared at her senpai who was smiling, very oblivious of the look she was giving him.

"Now, my friends, come here!!" Isshiki beckons for the four of them to come closer. "Knowing how ingredients ripen is also part of studying cooking! This is the Polar Star field, you can also call it Isshiki field if you want!" Isshiki declared, showing them around the garden.

He hands Souma a tomato, "Here, have a bite.." Souma thanks him and did as he was told.

Soon enough, they were all gathered and started doing some work. Ayano was mostly following what they did and constantly asked questions because she has yet to get used to this kind of doing, but she did the best she can to understand.