Chapter 10: attacked

I stare in disbelief as Aaron passionately kisses Jordyn. My heart just shatters in that moment, I cry. Aaron pulls away and looks up, he knows the sound of my tears. He stares right through me as I break into pieces, Jordyn notices me. I turn and run, I run out of the school and shift as I run through trees.

I sit against a tree crying. I listen to my baby girls heartbeat, it soothes me. "Ellie" I whisper as I close my eyes, I take a deep breath "Ellie Marie Lycan..." I whisper to myself. I hate myself for naming my little girl because now it will be harder when mum forces me to abort her.

The next day~

I walk to the oval and sit down, Aaron and Dawn aren't at school today which makes me happy because I can't face Aaron right now. I see Jordyn walking towards me, I stand up "look I need to tell you something" she says I push past her "you are exactly what I thought you'd be like!" I yell she rolls her eyes "me and Aaron have history" she says I tense. She's lying it can't be true, I can't compete with her she's beautiful and happy and here I am broken and annoying. "we dated for 3 years then my parents found out and sent me away" she says I shake my head but she nods. I run.

I run home so I can trash it then sit in the broken glass wondering where I fucked up so bad in life, then I can cry and then blame my mother, then I'll go dragging Dawn into this mess and she will attack Aaron then I'll regret everything then I'll hold a gun to my head but not pull the trigger because I'm fucking weak and always will be.

I sit in bed not sure why I'm upset because I basically broke up with him. I fall asleep after hours of pain, but of course I woke up screaming to another nightmare about loosing Ellie.

A week later~

It's been a week, a long ass fucking week. A week of Dawn and Aaron being missing, a week of me ditching my friends and sitting alone by the tree beside the oval watching everyone's happy lives, a week of my mother ignoring me and a psychiatrist telling me I have to talk. But I'm broken. It was my birthday the other day: 17th of may. No one remembered, it was just another day for everyone. It was sad that my mum didn't even remember, Dad would have... he would have taken me out and I'd be happy.

I walk through school on my way to my locker, no one comes near me because the last person that did ended up at hospital. I stand at my locker grabbing my laptop, "Skyla, my favourite person" I hear Blake say from behind me. I turn and glare at him, "the fuck you want?" I ask he laughs and pushes me against my locker. I punch him in the face, "feisty" he chuckles I glare at him. "Awwe poor Skyla her boyfriend ran off because he was over having to play hero, he never cared about you he only wanted sex" he says grinning, I clench my jaw while holding back tears "your so weak Skyla... or should I say Lila" I growl and knee him in the balls.

I notice a heap of people are crowded around watching. I sigh and push through the crowd, I hate this school. Blake grabs my arm and throws me to the ground. I whimper in pain and he laughs while people video and watch. I grab his neck and pull him down climbing on top of him strangling him, "no wonder Aaron hated you" he says I grab my knife from my back pocket and hold it to his throat. Everyone gasps, "LEAVE ME ALONE OR I'LL SLIT YOUR THROAT!" I yell.

I wish I did. I wish I killed him right there. Maybe then I wouldn't have lost her.

He laughs and grabs a gun from his pocket and holds it to my head. Everyone gasps and some people leave. I grab my gun and hold it to his head and by then everyone's gone not wanting to be a part of a gun fight. He stands up "put it away" he says walking away. I sigh and put my gun and knife in my locker, I close it and see Blake staring at me. I start walking ignoring him, "I can hear the heartbeat" he says. I freeze and realise we are the only ones in the hall, he grabs me and pushes me to the ground. I realise now that my nightmares have been visions.

He starts kicking and punching me, I try to fight him back but I can't. He kicks my stomach hard I struggle to breath. My vision is blurry, I don't know if it's because I'm going to pass out or because I'm crying. I look down and there's blood everywhere, blood coming from Ellie. I scream as he continues kicking me. My vision is fading in and out, I see Aaron standing beside me... I know I'm hallucinating but it seems so real. My vision goes in then out as Blake kicks me, I see Aaron walking away "AARON HELP!" I scream out. Blake laughs while he continues I scream out for Aaron as he walks off, "AARON!" I scream. My vision goes black as I realise, Aaron isn't here.