Roses (A)

I am making two special one-shots for Kaitlyn, one angst and one fluff. I'll do the angst first which is given to me by my best friend  mjo_sin. Thanks Marielle. Also thanks French-and-foolish for your suggestion, I'll be using it in both one-shots.

I will base both one-shots from Misha's book 'Say Something'

Also, if you've read the ending of the book, you know what happens.

Song used: Roses by Against The Current

---

Waited all night for you to come home

Alex laid on their bed, patting the empty space beside him.

I always hated sleeping alone

He turned to face the other way, seeing an open window, the cold night breeze blew the curtains in a soft flow. He stood from the bed, walking over to the living room, maybe a glass of water can help him fall asleep.

Watching the roses wither away

Wishing my memories would die out the same

Tear unconsciously rolled from his eyes. His orbs widen when he felt the water flow down his cheeks, which he quickly shedded away. He grabbed his glass of water in the kitchen and slowly drank, not wanting to choke.

I waited all night, yeah, you never came

He looked over the door, stood there a few minutes. Maybe if he stand there long enough, he would come back.

But...

John never came in...

---

I miss the long nights under street lights

Alex and John snuck out of campus during nights, just walking under the moonlight and completely loving the moment they have together.

When our hearts were made of gold
I miss the feeling that we had then
We were never growing old
Yeah, I miss it all
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh
Yeah, I miss it all

Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh  

They were the best couple... Why did it have to be this way?

---

Everyone's trying to help me move on

"Alex, please talk to us!" Samuel banged on his friend's dorm room, wanting Alex to at least sign to them. They only want Alex to be happy, they wanted the once cheerful and care-free Alexander.

"Alex! Open the door!" 

They say it gets better in the long run

"We promise! It's going to be okay! You're going to be alright." Peggy's voice chimed in, followed by the knob jiggling, signaling that she was trying to force her way in.

You could say that I've a couple good days
But nobody's eyes shine quite the same way
I waited all night, yeah, you never came

Alex collapsed on the floor, back against the door, sobbing on his knee-caps while his arms were wrapped tightly around his legs. "Please, come back..." His thoughts said this over and over again, almost chanting in a desperate kind of way.

---

<<Flashback>>

I miss the long nights under street lights
When our hearts were made of gold
I miss the feeling that we had then
We were never growing old
Yeah, I miss it all
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh
Yeah, I miss it all
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh

"Are you almost done yet? I thought you typed fast!"

"Just let me finish this page to wrap it up, okay?"

"Fine. But how many pages did you write?"

"Including this one? Ninety-one ."

<<End of Flashback>>

---

Waited all night for you to come home
I always hated sleeping alone

Alex aimlessly walked around New York, going to places that they loved to go to. He remembered the time John took him to this restaurant and made him try a milkshake, how much he loved that moment.

A small grin appeared on his face, staring at his feet while he walked. He was wearing John's old hoodie, it always comforts him to think that by having the hoodie worn, it's like John was wrapping his arms around Alex's frail body. 

Tears escaped from his eyes, but this time, he didn't bother wiping them away. 

He looked up and saw a flower shop. Without another thought, he went in. "Good afternoon, sir! What would it be?" The friendly cashier lady asked.

"A bouquet of roses, please." Alex signed, wishing the cashier would understand. Having met his expectations, the lady nodded and went to the get the bouquet. Alex paid and signed a thank you before leaving the shop.

Not even paying attention to where he was going, his feet took lead and dragged him to the graveyard.

His whole consciousness came back. Confused, he looked down and saw it and quickly frowned. "Oh..." He thought. "I'm at this place."

I hope that the lipstick I left on your face
Stays red like the roses I laid on your grave

He didn't know what happened to him, but whatever it was, it caused him to let go of the roses and collapse to his knees, hands pressed up against the ground, digging his fingers in the dirt. Tears didn't hesitate to drop down, balls and balls of water furiously rolled down his face and onto the ground. "I-I'm so s-sorry.." He whispered, now having his forehead pressed on the gravestone of his beloved. "I am so so sorry John..." His hair covered every angle of his face, the sun setting behind the hill.

I miss the long nights under street lights
When our hearts were made of gold

I miss the feeling that we had then
We were never growing old
Yeah, I miss it all
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh
Yeah, I miss it all
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh

John watched his poor boyfriend crying in front of his own grave. He wrapped his transparent arms around Alexander, wishing that he was actually there to comfort the poor boy. "It wasn't your fault Alex. It was never your fault."

Both of them, even though they were in two separate realms, recalled their best memories from the past, when they were still together.

<<Flashback>>

"When did you wake up?"

"Like, ten minutes ago. How'd you get here so fast? I thought you were in class?"

"I ran. Who cares about class?"

"You."

"But you're awake. And that's much more important than education."

"It is?"

"You're more important to me."

<<End of Flashback>>

Alex looked up, tracing John's name on the gravestone. "Y-you want to know something John?" He whispered, making the said man look at him. John patiently waited for what Alex was going to say next. 

Alex had a sad weak smile on his face as tears kept rolling down his eyes. 

"I'm glad you made me say something."

---

For people who read the book, you probably recognize some of those flashback scenes.

I honestly felt my heart break from writing this, I'm sure yours too huh? Anyway, this is base on the real ending of Say Something, after John...uhm... yeah. I made my version of what Alex did after the whole thing.

Next one-shot will be based from the Alternate Ending (which was sadly not finished.) 

Next one is fluff, don't worry.

-Re