Valentines Day Special (F)

John basically shot up from his seat when he heard the bell ring, signaling the workers that the day was done. He took out his keys and ran to his car, speeding down the streets like a loonatic.

He parks at the driveway of their house and runs in, not giving any notice to anything else. He walks in the living room, seeing his husband curled up on the couch, watching T.V

John smiled widely like a lovestruck school girl and scooped up the smaller man into his arms, twirling them around like they just got married. "Whoa there! John!" Alexander yelped, wrapping his arms around John's neck, giggling. "Looks like someone had a blast at work today."

"Not really, I just waited 'till the bell rung, so I could see your pretty little face." John replied, peppering his husband's face with kisses, ending on his lips.

Alexander giggled through the kiss and returned the favor, closing his eyes and feeling the moment. John pulled away and pressed his forehead onto Alexander's, locking their eyes at each other. "You look adorable..." Alex giggled, kissing the bridge of John's nose.

"Hey, guess what?" John whispered.

"What?"

"Happy Valentines day..."

"Happy Valentines day too mon amour."

John pulled the boy back in for a kiss, still carrying Alex like a newly wedded bride, and he could care less. He loved it when John did this, it would always feel like the world actually fell on his side for once, making life easier than it is, maybe it is, considering the fact that John is his world since they started dating.

"Come on, I have to show you something." John said, setting Alex down on his feet and grabbing his hand.

"You're always the romantic, you know?" Alex teased, making both of them laugh. "It's a good thing I'm on my casual clothes."

"Yeah! So we don't need to wait for you pretty little plum ass getting dressed."

"My ass is majestic!"

"Exactly."

Alex blushed. They were married and yet still, John could make him blush at the slightest of things. John noticed those pink tinted cheeks and laughed at how adorable Alex looked.

Alex playfully smacked John's shoulder as they kept walking. The sun setting at the horizon, coloring the sky a perfect shade of orange.

They made it into a park, a few people strolled around, but they were mostly elders. Both of them sat on a bench and snuggled up next to each other, enjoying their partener's company. John placed a kiss on his husband's head and wrapped his arm around Alex's waist. "I love you John..." Alex said, closing his eyes and laying his head on John's chest.

"I love you more and most, there, you can't beat me now." John teased, ruffling the smaller boy's hair.

"That's not fair." Alex said, looking up at John.

"All is fair if you're in love." John replied, hugging Alex tight. "Now come on! I told you I was gonna show you something."

Alex giggled when John looked so excited, that his eyes sparkled like sapphires. He got dragged to a bridge over a lake and saw some rose petals floating on the water.

'Happy Valentines/Anniversary day baby!'

Alex gasped at the message and looked at John, wrapping his arms around his neck and kissing the boy a shit ton of times. "You little clichè turtle!" Alex shouted, hugging his husband tight.

"Thought I forgot about our Anniversary did ya?" John asked, wrapping his arms around Alexander's waist.

"Honestly, yes." Alex replied.

John started to sway the both of them gently, no music but, the sound of nature was enough for them to fall in love with each other all over again.

Every moment they spent together, they couldn't help but love each other more and more. Sure, Alex worked too hard at nights and would sometimes be difficult when is comes to getting him into bed, and yeah sure, John was bossy that he wouldn't let Alexander get his laptop back if he didn't eat at least 1 meal a day, and sure, they argue alot, but they still love each other than anything in the world.

"Thank you John..." Alex whispered.

"For what baby?"

"For loving me when no one else would. You loved me and protected me when I needed it the most. You made me feel important and made my life worth living, I love you so much John, I love you so much that words can't explain my feelings anymore."

John smiled and pressed his chest onto Alexander's ear.

"Hear my heart beat Lexi?" John asked, Alex nodded. "Every beat means I'm always here, I'll always be here no matter what, I'll be here for you Alex. This heart beats only for you and you only, I love you more than anything else on this planet. You're my lion, my inspiration, my determination, my reason to wake up at mornings, my love for life, my husband... And mostly, my world."

That settled it, Alexander was completely speechless. For all 25 years of his life, he finally was speechless.

John noticed his silence and giggled at the boy. They went home, hand in hand, savoring each other's company. Alex finally had the one thing he always craved, he finally felt loved again, he finally felt safe. Both of them curled up on the couch, watched T.V and ate a shit load of ice cream the rest of the day, and neither of them could think of a better place, than here.

This is what they've always been wanting, and now...

They finally have it.

Word Count: 937