Chapter 20: Official.

"Jimin, your phone's vibrating...again"

The brunette haired male shot up from his position on the floor as he dived over to Namjoon to rip his precious device from the older's prying fingers. Now that he was standing; Jimin took the opportunity to stretch his legs and walk about as he hastily taped in his passcode to see who the new notification was from.

Small sighs could be heard from the two younger friends, Jungkook and Taehyung, who both occupied the floor space that Jimin had once been glued to. Midterms were coming up again and Namjoon had offered to help the younger boys study. Clearly it wasn't going to plan. In the last three hours, Jimin had gotten up to use his phone more times than he had answered a maths question and it even grew to the point  where each of his friends had to have a go at confiscating the Park boy's mobile device.

The boy pulled up the messenger app, seeing that you'd sent him a picture of a dog that you and Mina had seen at the park today. Jimin smiled, taking a quick selfie to send back with the caption 'but it's not as cute as me right?'. Ruffling his freshly styled hair, Jimin sunk back into his spot on the floor and started to resume his studying.

His friends eyed him curiously; freezing in their places as Jimin's gaze slowly trailed up to them. "What?"

"Oh nothing~" Jungkook let a cheeky smirk tug at the corners of his lips as he glanced nonchalantly at Jimin. The older boy looked to his other friends helplessly, but they too were smirking at him with a teasing glint in their eyes. "It's just that you've been texting your girlfriend an awful lot"

A hot blush seemed to creep up the older busan boy's neck as he registered his makanae's words. Girlfriend? surely Jungkook hadn't meant (Y/N). It was true that they texted a lot, especially with the two only starting to date a of couple weeks ago but Jimin had yet to think about making their relationship official. The thought of being able to call you, his girlfriend made Jimin flush a much deeper red than before, eliciting smug chuckles from his two makanae and hyung. "G-girlfriend? You don't mean (Y/N) right?"

This time Taehyung rolled his eyes, sifting a hand through his thicker mop of honeycomb hair. "No, I mean my grandma" the younger muttered, sarcasm etched into is voice. "Of course I mean my sister, dipshit"

The dancer pouted, throwing the nearest object (a textbook) at the caramel haired boy, who yelped out in pain. "She's not my girlfriend" Jimin whined, jutting out his bottom lip as Jungkook snorted obnoxiously. "What is it this time Jeon?"

"It's just that..." the youngest begun, settling his pen down on the mass of study notes at his feet. The ravenette sighed, causing the other three boys to stop their actions and turn their attention to him. "You and (Y/N) have liked each other for so long, and now that you're dating...wouldn't you want to make it official? You've wasted so many years ignoring your feelings for each other, what have you got to lose this time?"

Hums of agreement take residence in the air within Jimin's bedroom, the soft silence giving the caramel haired male too much room to ponder on his thoughts. Who was he kidding? Of course he wanted you to be his girlfriend, but the thought of the bet was still looming over him. What if you found out while you were together? You would hate him forever. Yet, deep down, the midnight haired boy knew that he was too far gone into this bet to spare you a broken heart if things ever reached that point.

"But the bet-" Jimin mumbled before he could stop himself, needing to speak his mind. "I don't want to hurt her if she-"

"Jimin" Namjoon cut in from his seat on the bed, putting down his own phone and pen. The younger looked toward his  hyung with a distraught look, he was sick of holding in his feelings because of this bet. You were so much more than just a flimsy game; and Jimin was only realising that now. "(Y/N) doesn't know anything about this bet, the boys and I already said we wouldn't tell her. If you want to peruse her, then go for it man. You only have to pretend to like (Y/N) anyway"