Chapter 17: Bubble Tea.

A soft smile tickles the corners of Jimin's lips as he sifts through his he folders and books that line his locker. Quickly pulling out his geography folder, he slams the locker shut, thoughts seemingly stuck on you.

It had been a few weeks since the bet had begun and for Jimin, he could tell the dynamic between you and himself was changing. It was almost as if a spark had been reignited between both of you, rekindling your friendship that had been lost through your progression in high school. The Busan boy found himself put off of his playboy reputation, almost always yearning to walk you to class or sit with you at lunch, just being by your side was enough.

He could tell his feelings were changing, almost growing again and maybe he did have a crush on you. Maybe that was it but there was one thing stopping him from making any moves. The bet. If he made a move on you, he wouldn't feel anything but guilt, knowing that he would be unintentionally hurting you. But a little white lie didn't hurt anyone right?

"Jiminie!" Hoseok calls, pulling the younger boy out of his reckless spiral of thoughts. The Busan boy nods to his hyung as he pushes himself from his leaning position into a standing one. "There you are"

Jimin smiles as the older boy pulls him into a one armed hug. "Hey hyung, shouldn't you be getting to class?"

Hoseok grins mischievously, running a hand through his parted red locks. The caramel haired boy frowns, sensing that his hyung is up to something. Hobi's class was all the way on the other side of the school's campus and if he didn't start running now, he would never make it on time. His math's teacher was one from hell, he'd never get off lightly.

"I have something to tell you, it's about the bet!"

Jimin freezes in his tracks, the thought of their little wager sending shivers up his spine. Although Taehyung said he was perfectly fine with it, and although Jimin agreed, he still couldn't help but hate the idea all together. "W-what about it, Hobi hyung?" The Busan boy stutters out before coughing when he gets a confused look from the redhead striding confidently behind him.

"It's been a while since it's started, the guys and I think it's time you moved it forward" Hobi suggests casually, quickening his pace so that he can walk backwards in front of Jimin. The dimpled boy smiles, grabbing the straps of his backpack. "Aren't you bored Jiminie? Let's speed things up a bit!"

"Speed things up?" Hobi smirks, causing an uneasy feeling to bubble in the pits of Jimin's stomach.

"Ask her on a date, do something romantic! Anything!" The older boy causes as he backs away from Jimin with a rushed smile, he turns on his heel, speeding down the corridor to his class. The caramel haired boy stands, dumbfounded as he tries to register his hyung's words. Ask her out. Something romantic.

Sighing Jimin forces himself to carry on walking to his next class, thinking of ways to 'move forward' with this plan. "How the hell am I supposed to move this forward?" He mumbles, mostly to himself as he reaches the door of the classroom.

"Move what forward Chim?"

Your sudden voice interrupts his reverie, causing him to gasp and choke on nothing but the air surrounding him. Your (eye colour) hues widen with laughter as you watch your friend splutter about, he sure does do that a lot when he's around you. "You okay there?"

Somehow, Jimin manages to nod as he attempts to catch his breath. You always managed to do that, sneak up on him. You smile at him, opening the door to your class and heading inside, the brunette boy following suit. Taking your usual seat, you notice Yoongi knocked out on his desk and Mina in her seat, beanie pulled over her dark eyes as she sleeps. They're both so alike, it's weird. The desk behind you creaks as Jimin slides into his seat, and you swiftly turn around to meet his gaze as he unpacks his bag.

the best friend bet « pjm »On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara