Chapter 2: Him.

You couldn't help the smile that tugged at your lips as you scrolled through your camera roll, looking back at the pictures from the weeks, months and even years before. The plane you were seated on, was dark, the only light coming from above your head where you had switched on the fluorescent reading light.

The flight you were on had been incredibly long, since you were flying back to Korea from London. Your parents had taken yourself and Taehyung on a vacation to celebrate your final year in high school, which had lasted practically all of summer. Somehow, you had managed to run out of things to entertain you in the early hours of the flight, the old school plane games and outdated movies were doing nothing to keep your boredom levels afloat. Your older brother, Tae, had fallen asleep whilst watching the first Iron-man movie, which you were sure he only watched because of Jungkook, nonetheless, pestering the brunette male would have been out of the question.

Instead, you resulted in skipping through the pictures you'd taken during your holiday. You admired the pictures of architecture you had taken, throughout your time there. Many hours later you found yourself sifting through the oldest photos in your phone. Time must've gotten the best of you because by then, the sky outside had fallen into a raven colour, pitch black with only the flashing lights on the wings on the plane to accompany you.

A soft giggle tumbled from between your lips when you found an old selca of yourself, your brother and Jimin. You could feel Tae shift next to you in his seat, causing you to quickly hush your laughter. Leaning up you switched off the reading light, glancing over at your brother who slept with a cute expression. You sighed thankfully, knowing that he would give you hell if you'd woken him up. 'Not as bad as Yoongi, though' you thought with a smile, recounting the story Tae had told you, including said Male and how he had almost killed Taehyung for waking him up.

Your (eye colour) hues drifted back to your phone screen, the picture still splayed across the screen. It seemed so long ago that this picture had been taken. You took in your appearance, concluding that the photo had been taken in your middle school days. You could tell by the braces that had been bound to your teeth as you smiled and  the godawful pig tails that your locks had been pulled into. You did not miss that look. Tae still looked the same, except his hair had been dyed black at the time and his features weren't as defined as they were now. Your eyes finally drifted to him. Much like Taehyung, his features weren't as defined yet, and he donned a pair of black glasses. His cheeks were slightly chubbier, in a cute way, that made you want to pinch them but his smile was still the same.

You missed Jimin.

Although you saw each other almost every day, you missed him. You'd been friends since you were all seven years old, with you coming up to your eighteenth birthday soon. Your friendship with Jimin had changed, you didn't talk as often and weren't as close as you used to be, but you still considered him to be your best friend. He knew things about you that not even Tae did, you trusted him with all your heart. So yes, you did have a right to miss him. It wasn't weird to miss someone that was always there.

You swiped your thumb right against the screen of your phone, bringing up another picture of yourself and Jimin. You could tell that this one had been taken the summer before high school.
You remembered it to be, Namjoon's end of year party. It had been a big deal around the school, so being Taehyung's sister had scored you an invite. Your face flushed a light pink as you recalled the events of the party. Jimin had given you your first kiss that night and you could still remember it to this day.

You and Jimin had been through a lot.

Smiling again, you locked your phone, finally feeling the jet lag take over. You let your head fall onto Tae's shoulder, to which he nuzzled his own head into your hair. Your soft hues drifted shut as you allowed yourself to be consumed by sleep, thoughts of seeing your friends and Jimin again plagued your
mind, making you more excited for your first day back to high school.

Unedited
Words: 770