Chapter 3: Reunited.

Jimin couldn't help the grumble of annoyance that passed his plump lips, as his alarm pierced the silence. With hopes that he could muffle the wretched sound, the boy rolled over in his bed, pulling the covers over his ears. Ignorance is bliss, right? For the most part, it worked, allowing the blonde haired boy to drift back into a light sleep...until his mum started screaming.

"Park Jimin!" She roared, shaking the house. Said boy let out whine, defeatedly throwing the blankets over his head. He shifted so that he was sitting upright, sifting his fingers through his untamed mane.

"What?" He yelled back, informally. It was too early to think about formals. He was tired and it was summer break. Right? There was a silence throughout the house, and Jimin took this as his chance to throw himself back into his pillows, the pleasures of sleep calling to him like a Siren luring in her prey.

The blissful moment was quickly ruined when his mother let out an ear piercing screech. "Did you just call me informally?"

"No eomma, I'm sorry. Just tired"

"Well you have no time to be tired, you need to get ready for school...unless you want to be late"

In his half awake state, Jimin hadn't even registered the words that escaped his mother's lips. Except for school. What is that? His dark mahogany eyes shifted their gaze to his phone, Jimin clicked the top button scanning the screen for today's date. Shit. He thought, realising that today was his first day of Senior year.

Senior year, huh.

The thought sent shivers down his spine, realising that he'd have to start looking for colleges soon and studying for finals. Jimin shook his head with a shrug, deciding it wouldn't be best to worry himself now. He stumbled out of bed quickly, and headed towards his bathroom to freshen up.

***

By the time the young Park had finished with his shower, his mother hand gone to work. She'd left a note on the kitchen counter, which Jimin read as he sifted through his blonde locks. They were still wet from his shower, but should dry as he ate his breakfast.

"Dear Jiminie

     I had to rush out to work early this          morning and will be working late tonight. Breakfast is on the stove and I've left money for takeout.

                      Love eomma"

Jimin pursed his pink lips as he scrunched up the note, before making his way over to the stove. He gathered himself a portion of the food, checking through his social media as he ate. Jimin wasn't sure if he'd see Taehyung or (Y/N) that morning, they'd all been busy over the summer and the Kims had just come back from their vacation.

Shrugging, Jimin took his plate to the sink and washed it. Grabbing his keys, he checked over his outfit in the mirrors, smoothing out the creases in his white shirt and ripped blue jeans.

The boy locked his door before jogging down his porch and unlocking his car as he headed to school.

***

Jimin sighed as he pulled into the school parking lot, he really couldn't be bothered for today. After sitting in his car for what seemed like a good ten minutes, the boy forced himself out of the vehicle, slinging his backpack over his shoulder as he did so.

A sense of familiarity flooded his veins as he walked towards the entrance, memories of his last few years here flashing from behind his eyes. The young Park made quick work of grabbing his schedule from the front office before he decided to look for his locker. Jimin passed through the school halls with a confident look, winking at girls who fawned over him.