The revealed truth

You stared at the ground with a clouded gaze and you brushed your fingers over the pendant's surface.

"It all started when I bought that pendant." Astro frowned.

"But I thought m your brother made it." You scoffed.

"As if my brother could make something like that. He can barely tie his shoes by himself let alone make a necklace." You then sighed and walked over to a tree root. You then sat down. Astro and Abby sat beside you. "Before I had bought that pendant, I was always trapped under so many rules. I wasn't even allowed outside by myself." Abby frowned.

"Y/n, I think this would make a lot more sense if you told Astro who you really are." You nodded. Astro gave you both confused looks. You sighed.

"Astro, I'm...not really the person you think I am. This current self of me, doesn't exist. If she did, then I just took over her life." Astro was greatly confused by this.

"What do you mean?" You looked at him.

"What I'm saying is....that I'm not from this world. I'm from a completely different universe." Astro's eyes widened. You looked away.

"You're....from another universe?" You nodded.

"Yeah. I barely had freedom back then. I was always under someone's supervision. It was always about what was best for me, and never what I wanted. When I was told that I was able to change my life, if I had that pendant that could change everything, I immediately grabbed the chance. That pendant, allowed me one wish." Astro nodded and he leaned intently towards you.

"Your wish, you said that you had one, but you never told me what it was. What was your wish?" You frowned and looked up.

"Freedom." Astro's eyes widened. "My wish, was that I would have freedom. But I had to complete a trial before I received that wish." Astro frowned.

"What was the trial?" You clenched your hands.

"I...had to complete the story. I had to get through this universe without changing a single thing." Astro's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Complete the story?" You nodded.

"Yes, everything that's happened so far, I knew that it would all happen. I even know what will happen in the future. These scenes that I see, they're called 'episodes', and when I reach a point in time when I can't see anything, I'm safe." You explained. Astro's eyes widened.

"So, you can see the future!? That's awesome!" Astro exclaimed. You bit your lip as you trembled. Astro's smile immediately dropped. "Y/n, what's wrong?" You stood up.

"Having this ability to see into the future, is NOT awesome! It's a curse!" Astro frowned.

"Is it because of the trial?" You nodded. Astro then sat down as well as you did. "Tell me, then why are you so upset? You haven't changed anything, have you?" You trembled.

"That's where you're wrong. I....I FAILED the trial." Astro's eyes widened as tears poured down your cheeks and you threw your face into your hands. Astro was then about to comfort you when realisation hit him. If you failed the trouble, what would happen to you? Astro then gulped, and he asked the dreaded question.

"W-What's going to happen to you now?" Your eyes widened and you froze. Abby looked to the side as tears appeared in her eyes. Astro saw the tears in her eyes and his eyes widened. He then stood up and he gripped you by the shoulders. "Tell me, what will happen to you!?" Astro cried. You shook your head.

"I...can't tell you." Astro gritted his teeth and his grip got tighter.

"Y/n, please! What would ha-"