Ghosts are a Bitch Chapter 4

*~* Rikku's P.O.V. *~*

That night when I went to bed with Jackie, that was my 'alone' time since I knew she would just crash when she hit the pillow. I used this time to think about Shane some more. I couldn't shake this feeling that he would come back for me and his absence all these years is just something with his family. I mean why would he leave unless it was something really important and not come back? With everything we have been through together you would think that that kind of relationship would last forever, but we all don't get what we want. If it wasn't meant to be, as much as it pains me to believe it, then it wasn't meant to be. He will always be in my heart and be my first, there will always be that one place in my heart that will love him forever and nothing will change that.

As I spent the rest of the night thinking about the possibilities, I eventually fell asleep after what seemed like a very long time.

After what seemed like 30 minutes, my alarm went off with a very loud BEEP, BEEP! I pushed the off button and groaned, putting the pillow over my head. Jackie apparently didn't hear the alarm, so I got up against my will and got into the shower.

I let the warm water wake myself up and relax my body. When I was finished, I stepped out and steam rushed out of the glass door, causing the mirror to fog up. While I waited for it to become clear again, I walked back into my room and saw Jackie still asleep. I shook my head and went to my drawer, pulled a bra and underwear out, then slipped them on. I walked to my closet and got a pair of skinny jeans, a green DC shirt, and my Vans.

I looked over to find Jackie STILL asleep. Well not anymore. I went over to the bed and jumped up and down on it. "Jackie! Wake up!" I shouted at her. She groaned and looked at me with a face that made me smile. "Come, babe. Got to get up or we are going to be late," I said to her.

She looked at the clock on the nightstand which read 6: 38 am. When she saw the time, her eyes widened and jumped out of the bed. "Shit!" she said to herself and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I laughed at her and went into the hall to the other bathroom which had all my hair stuff and make up (yes I have a separate bathroom for that). I plugged in my hair dryer and grabbed a round brush and dried my hair. I just decided to put on a little eye liner and mascara. I went back into my room, put my Vans on and went downstairs.

I went into the kitchen and got a bowl for cereal. By the time that I was done with my breakfast, Jackie was just coming down the stairs and into the kitchen. "We have just enough time for you to eat then we need to leave." She just nodded and made something quick and ate it. We got our stuff and went to her car to leave for school.

When we got there, I scanned the lot for my car and was relieved when I saw it in the same spot I left it yesterday. When I got out of Jackie's car, I went over to mine and stroked the hood with my hand and went onto the campus. As I got to the front gates, I saw Zander and hugged him. We walked over to Jackie and Zander's lockers. When they did their thing, we went to mine last. I was completely and utterly shocked at who I found there. Shane.

My jaw just about dropped when I saw him. He didn't look any different than he did 3-4 years ago. A part of me wanted to just run into his arms and pretend that he never left and everything would be ok. But then the other part of me knew different. It knew that things could never be the same as they were back then, no matter how much I wanted them to be. "Shane, what are you doing here?" I asked him, my voice stuttering slightly.

He looked at me like it was the most stupid question ever, "I'm at school. Duh," he replied coolly.

"Oh really?" I said to him sarcastically. "I mean, why are you at school. At my school, in Arizona."