Ghosts are a Bitch 14

*~* Damon's P.O.V.*~*

My eyes opened with a start and my heart rate accelerated. My shirt was soaked with sweat and I was panting like crazy. Every time I close my eyes, I see the same nightmare from that night, and all I want is for it to stop. I get up out of bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower so I could go to the hospital and see Rikku. She came out of her 3 month coma a few days ago and I have been staying at her place until she can come home. When we were rushed to the hospital in the ambulance after the accident, all I had was a few cuts and bruises and a broken arm.

I got in the shower and let the hot water fall over my body and relax the tense muscles in my back. I got out and put my clothes and shoes on, going downstairs. I grabbed the keys off the small table by the front door, got in my new car, and drove to the hospital.

The entire way there I hit every fucking red light there was and I just about lost it, but by the time I reached my absolute breaking point, I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. I got out of the car, grabbed the bag I had packed for Rikku, and set off toward the building. I was known by a good amount of people due to the fact that I have been here practically every day for the past few months waiting for my girl to wake up.

I walked straight through the doors into the lobby and went straight for the elevators, hitting the call button. It took a few minutes, but the elevator eventually went ding and the doors opened. I pressed the button for floor number 7 and right as the doors almost closed, someone put their hand between them and got in. I looked at this person and saw that she had dark red hair and the typical scrubs that most people around here did.

She looked at me before pressing the button for her floor. Her eyes raked up and down my body practically checking me out. When she saw me looking at her, she smiled and looked away, her face slightly flushed with what I would guess was embarrassment. I'm used to it, so I'm not too bothered by it. "I'm Damon by the way," I said to her as I held my hand out to her.

"Marcie," she replied sheepishly, still embarrassed by me catching her checking me out. Just as she shook my hand, the elevator went ding again as the doors opened at the 7th floor. I nodded to her before stepping out and making my way toward Rikku's room. As I passed the nurses' station, one of the nurses, Leila, called me over. "Hey, Damon. They are doing some tests with her right now and you can't go in there, you'll have to wait about an hour."

"What are they doing?" I asked. Why can't I go see her?

She shrugged. "I don't know, I just recently saw a doctor go in there and he said no visitors for about an hour," Leila said to me, look almost apologetic. I walked away from her and made me way into the Day Room that they had on this floor. I sat in one of the uncomfortable chairs as I watched the sun climb higher in the sky through the glass wall.

I couldn't bring myself to do anything except sit there and wait. There was only one other person in the room given the early time of day. After what seemed like forever, I decided that I had waited long enough. I got up and walked out of the room with the full intention of seeing my girl, I don't care what they are doing. As I passed the nurses' station, Leila had gone, but I just kept going. I walked into her room and saw her laying there looking out her window. The way the sun came in and the light bouncing off her hair made her look even more beautiful.

As I walked in the room, my footsteps caused her to look over at me, smiling as realization dawned on her. I smiled back at her as I placed a soft kiss on her lips and sat in the chair next to her bed. "How have you been babe?" I asked her.