Chapter 1: The Forest

*Third Person POV*

As for Y/n, he was running through the forest, trying to get as far from home as possible. Eventually, night came, and he was forced to stop running. He was worried about Grimm attacking him, but when he listened, he heard nothing.

He stopped in a clearing and looked around, before noticing something strange.

The moon was blood red.

He walked for a little bit, before he heard a voice.

"How did you get to the familiar forest, little boy?"

He turned around scared.

"W-who said that?!"

"Oh no," The voice said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

A strange man jumped out of a tree and landed near Y/n.

"The name's Zatouji. I'm known as the familiar master."

"What's a familiar?" Y/n asked.

"It's like a kind of pet," Zatouji answered, "But it's bound to your soul."

"That sounds awesome!" Y/n said, smiling widely.

Zatouji laughed, "Maybe one day, you can come back and get your own. But for now, what's your name?"

"My name is Y/n, sir." Y/n answered.

"No need to call me sir, just Zatouji," He suddenly stopped, "Wait, you're the kid Zeoticus told me to look out for! just wait right here and I'll call him."

Zatouji went into the forest apparently going to get this "Zeoticus". Y/n just stood there, watching the sky and all the animals, which seemed to just come out of nowhere.

A small wolf pup began to walk up to him, before turning and running in fear. Along with all the other animals that took off into the forest.

"What did I do?" Y/n asked no one.

"They are not afraid of you, mortal."

The loud voice scared Y/n as he turned around slowly. He looked behind him to see a giant dragon.

"Hmm, not many children come to the familiar forest

"Hmm, not many children come to the familiar forest. Perhaps you'd make a nice snack."

Instead of running, Y/n put up his fists.

"I got this far, I'm not going to die without a fight!"

Suddenly, the dragon burst into laughter.

"Ha ha ha, You entertain me mortal. But, your courage is interesting. I think you would make a good partner in the future."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am the Dragon God of Death, Funus,"The dragon said, "I can partner with mortals and immortals alike to give them incredible power. As I said, I think you could make a good partner in the future, you only need training."

"Thank you?" Y/n said, confused.

Funus landed in the clearing, and got close to Y/n.

"I wish to be your familiar. Do you accept?"

In response, Y/n held out his hand, slowly putting it on the giant dragon.

*??? POV*

I walked through the forest with Zatouji, following him to where he said my son was.

"You should see him," Zatouji said, "He looks amazing for what you've told me."

I laughed at this. It sounded like my son was perfectly fine, despite the years of abuse.

"I must say, I'm excited to finally meet him."

As I said that, we entered a massive clearing. There I saw something the shocked me.

My son was standing in front of a massive dragon, petting it's snout.

"Get away from him!" I yelled, preparing a magic attack.

*Y/n POV*

The strange man with bright hair yelled at Funus, and a glyph of something appeared in front of him. It shot something out, aiming at Funus.

In a near instant, Funus covered me, protecting me from the blast of the attack with his massive wing.

"You should be careful," Funus said, "You nearly hit the boy."

"I will tell you one more time," The man said again, "Get away from my son!"

"Wait," I said, coming out of the cover of Funus' giant wings, "Dad?!"

He looked at me, before running up to me and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay Y/n," He said, "I'm sorry I couldn't be here for you sooner."

I returned the hug and said, "Its okay, I'm just glad you're here now."

As we separated, we both had tears in our eyes.

"Well," He wiped the tears out of his eyes, "I should introduce myself. I am Zeoticus Gremory."

"And I'm Y/n." I said.

He held out a hand, "Your siblings are waiting for you at home, are you ready to go?"

I grabbed his hand and turned to Funus.

"Come on Funus, let's go home!"

Dad looked at Funus, noting his massive size. "Do you have any way to be a little smaller?"

Funus closed his eyes, before smoke covered his whole body. As the smoke cleared, he was a lot smaller, only a two feet long.

"Is this better, partner?" He said, "Until you can fully hold my power, I will stay in this form."

I picked him up, putting him on my shoulder.

"Now I'm ready to go."

Dad took my had, and a portal opened up in front of us. As we exited the portal, I saw a giant mansion in front of us.

"Welcome home, Y/n."