Chapter Nineteen

I'm back home now so here's a new chapter!! Enjoy and thank you so much for reading!

Annabelle's POV

I shivered, pulling my jumper closer around me. I had been sat here for half an hour, waiting. The waiting was the worst part. I had no idea when and where Joey or father would come from. The tension in my cold body was growing, gnawing away at my insides.

The waiting also gave me time to think. It gave me time to remember Marcus's heartbroken face, the way his muscled body had hunched over, folding into itself as I slammed the car door in his face. I had not allowed myself to cry. The last thing I wanted was to let Joey and father know how much they were killing me.

My mind also drifted back to my mother. She had been beautiful, with blonde hair that brushed her shoulders, huge baby blue eyes with light lashes. She had been short, although she had always been taller than me. She was my idol and I loved her more than anything. Until she died when...

I stopped thinking about that, knowing I would definitely start crying if I carried on. I looked around me, trying to figure out why he had wanted to meet here.

The docklands was an old port, where people's private boats could be parked. The wide expanse of water was cornered off from the ocean by a towering concrete wall, covered in sea creatures and a few daring plants. Foamy white waves crashed against the parked boats, who all had elaborate names carefully painted onto the sides. I found myself wondering why they were called these things. Some had women's names. I wondered why the owners chose them. Were they named after partners? Mothers? Sisters?

The skies were gray, feisty winds whipping my hair out behind me. The smell of the sea was mixing with the smell of the rain that pattered against my face, creating a heavy smell that made it hard to breathe.

My thoughts were interrupted when five men came into view. The giant doors of a warehouse to my right slid open, the dark insides contrasting to the bright sea. The men were tall, even from a distance I could see there was no way to over power them. Their huge shoulders rocked side to side like the boats next to them as they made their way towards me.

Joey came into view first. He looked the same as he had before. Muscled, greying hair, slight stubble and some light wrinkles on his face showed his age. Despite his cold, abusive nature, he was handsome for someone his age. This, I supposed, is why he gets away with things. A shiver of anticipation went down my spine, wondering how badly he was going to beat me later.

The three other men came into view after. I recognized them from Star Pack. They were fathers friends, the ones who would guard the door while Joey or father had their ways with me. They were all tall, dark, and, again, handsome for their age.

The last man came into focus, making my heart stutter. Father looked exactly the same as he always had. His black hair was curled slightly, hanging by his ears. He had the same eyes as me, a deep brown with splashes of other colors. I had always hated my eyes, due to the dull color, and the fact that they were the same as fathers. His face was the same as Noah's, but not as angular. We had inherited our sharp features from mother, who was stunning with sharp cheek bones, blonde hair and the same brilliant blue eyes as Noah. He was the same build as Noah, with broad shoulders and long legs. He was taller than my brother, however. He was actually taller than Marcus.

The only difference between us and him, was his personality. He was cold, uncaring and abusive. He was a good actor though. To other people he was charming, polite and often flattering. Personality wise, he was a stereotypical abusive male.

"Annabelle!" Joey exclaimed as he neared me, extending his arms as though to embrace me. I stood up wearily, keeping my distance. "How lovely to see you."