Chapter Three

Annabelle POV

"Alpha Marcus is ready to see you." A wolf who said his name was Cody called. Noah stood up, stretching slightly. I gripped his arm tightly, trying to stop my hands shaking. We made our way down the hall towards an office. My wolf was going mad, but I couldn't tell why. Cody held the door open for us and gave me a reassuring smile. The office was huge. There was a couch in the corner, a book shelf and a massive desk. I stayed behind Noah, not wanting to be near the Alpha and just wishing I could disappear. We stood in front of the desk.

"Alpha Marcus." Noah said, lowering his head slightly. He pushed me to the side a bit, so I wasn't behind him anymore. I kept my head down, my face covered by my hair. I could feel the Alphas eyes on me, but I didn't dare look up.

"State your names, age, rank and pack." He demanded. His voice was incredibly deep, sending shivers up and down my spine. Oh no. Please no. This can't happen.

'Mate!' My wolf was yelling, despirately trying to take over.

"My name is Noah Williams. I'm twenty five. I don't have a rank currently, or a pack. We left Star Pack around a week ago. This is my sister-" Noah was cut off by Alpha Marcus's hand.

"She can speak. Look at me." He said, his voice quiet. God, no. I don't want to.

"My name's Annabelle. I'm seventeen." I whispered, still not looking at him. I heard his breath catch in his throat, and I knew it was true.

"Look at me." He said again. I couldn't. Noah pinched my side slightly, silently telling me to do as he said. So I did.

The man sat behind the desk was huge. He was taller than Noah and his shoulders were about the same size as me if I laid down. He had sandy blonde hair, deep blue eyes, full pink lips and a strong jaw which was covered in dark stubble. He wore a plain t-shirt and black jeans. My eyes met his and I felt everything stop. I couldn't feel Noah's arm around my waist, or feel his concerned eyes on me. All I could see was Marcus. From the way he was staring at me, I knew he felt the same.

I could feel tears well up in my eyes. I dropped my gaze quickly, stepping behind Noah. I heard Marcus's chair scrape back, and heavy foot steps.

"This can't be happening." Marcus muttered, trying to step around Noah who mirrored his movements.

"What are you talking about? Annabelle?" He sounded tense, and I could feel how strained his shoulders were.

"Get away from my mate." Marcus demanded, shoving Noah to the side. I flinched, backing away. "Wait outside."

"What? No way!" Noah yelled, trying to get back to me. Three wolves came through the door and grabbed his shoulders, restraining him. Something inside me snapped. I can't do this. Panic began to take over.

This is who I'm stuck with? This horrible man who slaughtered thousands? I sobbed. What have I done to deserve this? My wolf snarled, wanting to run straight over to him and into his arms. I couldn't do it.

I looked up and realised how close he was to me. He was so much bigger, and I immediately took a step back. I hit the wall, with no where else to go.

So I ran. I ducked under Marcus's arm, darted through the door, down the corridor and past the pack, who had gathered downstairs in the pack house. As soon as I made it to the woods, I transformed into my wolf while still running. I was smaller than every wolf I've seen, which means I'm also faster. I flew through the trees, listening to the sounds of wolf following me. I knew from the heavy foot fall, that it must be Marcus. He was gaining on me. Adreniline kicked in and I sped up, leaping over roots.