Chapter Eighteen

I found some wifi so I'm going to quickly update :) hope you enjoy!

Annabelle's POV

"YOU KILLED HER!" Father screamed in my face, smashing a plate close to my head.

"I didn't mean to!" I cried, wrapping my arms around my head to protect myself from the glass raining down on me.

"MURDERER!" His scream was repeated through my head over and over.

"Please!" I shouted, "I didn't mean it!"

His fist in my face sent me slumbling backwards, crashing into the dining room table. I sobbed, trying to stop the blood going in my mouth. He snarled like a caged animal, punching and hitting any part of my body he could reach. I collapsed on the ground, numb with pain. My brain was going fuzzy.

I jolted awake. A single tear drop escaped from my corner of my eye and dripped off my nose, onto my bed. I didn't sob or make any noise, just soundlessly slipped out of bed and stood in the centre of my room. Marcus had gone to an emergency meeting after training, so I had the house to myself. I was grateful for once.

That was it. The last day I have here. What the hell was I going to tell Marcus? It needs to be something that will anger him so much, that he doesn't follow me. I sighed and pulled my suitcase from under neath my bed.

I packed and changed quickly, so all my clothes were neatly piled into suitcases. I didn't have much else, but the other items I stuffed into a handbag.

By the time Marcus came back, it was six o'clock and I had figured out what I was going to say. I was sitting at the table, sipping my third cup of coffee when the door swung open and a tired looking Marcus walked in.

"Hi." He yawned, grabbing a cup. I couldn't bring myself to speak. I knew I was going to start crying. "What's wrong?"

"I'm leaving." I blurted, staring at my coffee. I heard a smash and looked up to see shards of glass skidding across the floor.

"What?" His voice was as shocked as his face. I looked down again, my bottom lip quivering.

"I'm leaving," I repeated, "I can't take it anymore."

"What are you talking about? Can't take what?" He sounded panicked and afraid, breaking my heart. I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. There were tears in them, threatening to flow onto his face. My resove wavered, and I was so close to telling him everything, but then I reminded myself why I was doing it.

"Noah was right." I whispered, "You're just like Joey and I can't take it."

"What? How am I like him?" Marcus demanded, dropping into the seat opposite me.

"You think you control everyone." I replied, "You think that because you're an Alpha you can make people do whatever you want."

"I can change-" He began, but I held up a hand to silence him.

"I've heard that too many times." I replied, "People like you always say 'I promise I won't do it again', but of course you do."

Marcus started to argue, but was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"That'll be the taxi driver." I said, standing up and leaving a stunned Marcus at the table. Opening the door, I led the driver upstairs to help him carry my things down. Once they were in the car, I turned to see Marcus stood in the doorway.

"I'll be one minute." I told the driver, who nodded and got into the car. I then slowly made my way over to Marcus and stood in front of him.

"Please don't leave." He whispered, his voice cracking. His huge body was shaking, and his blue eyes were tortured. I felt my eyes fill with tears, but I blinked them away and took a deep breath.