Chapter Four

Annabelle's POV

"You're a fucking disgrace, Annabelle." He sneered, his face close to mine. "What did I do to deserve you?"

I was sobbing, my knees hugged close to my chest. "I'm sorry daddy."

"Sorry isn't fucking good enough!" He howled, suddenly beginning to change. Fur grew from his skin and his bones began popping and realigning themselves. I screamed and tried to get away from the wolf in front of me.

I scrambled to my feet and tried to get away. I barely took two steps before he got me. His claws slashed at my face. I was screaming now, struggling against him. He was ripping at my skin with his claws and teeth. I was lying in my own blood now.

"Please! Just let me go!" I wailed, crawling away, leaving a trail of blood behind me. Just let me die.

"Annabelle! Wake up!" Noah was yelling and shaking my shoulders. I blindly opened by eyes and panicked, trying to get out of his reach. "Hey! Calm down."

I burst into tears, holding my head in my hands and trying to breathe. He hugged me close and rocked us backwards and forwards trying to calm me down.

"I hate him! Look what he fucking did to me!" I shrieked, looking at my scarred body with distaste. I hated the scars. I hated the man who gave them to me. I had never felt an emotion this strong before. Not even when I felt the mating bond. I wanted to rip him to shreds.

Noah didn't say anything, just hugged me. For a moment I let him do it, then remembered what had happened yesterday. I moved out of his grasp and sat on the edge of the bed, my eyebrow raised. He stared guiltily down at the floor.

"I made pancakes?" He informed me. I rolled my eyes.

"You always think you can give me pancakes and everything will be better. Well it isn't. You can't attack people like that, especially Alphas. Plus, out of all the Alphas you chose to pick a fight with, you had to chose him! Alpha freaking Marcus." My voice got louder and louder, the stress of last night and the dream getting to me.

"This is why I don't want you to leave! He's not good like you are, Belle." Noah said, taking my hands in his. "Please, just stay here."

"It's not like I'm never going to see you again. Taylor gets here in two days, and I really don't want to watch you suck face all day." I complained, shoving his shoulder. He grinned for a second, then was serious.

"I can't, Belle. I can't let you go. What happens if something happens and I'm not there to protect you? You almost died last time!" A single tear fell from his eye and down his cheek. I felt my face soften. I've only seen my brother cry twice. Once when he found me after the attack, and once when I woke up in the hospital.

This time it was my turn to hug him. I threw my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder. We stayed like that for a moment, then I pulled away and messed up his hair. That was when I realized what he was wearing. Or, what he wasn't wearing. He wore a pair of boxers and a serious bed head. I laughed, flicking his chest.

"Go and put some clothes on, weirdo. We need to leave in about an hour." He held his hands up and I hustled him out the room.

I was stood in my underwear about fifteen minutes later, staring at my reflection. The glass was covered in a fine layer of steam, which blurred my imperfect body slightly. A hot tear rolled down my cheek and through the three cracks in my face. My dull brown eyes scanned my body, seeing if any of my scars had faded. My thighs and calves had long, chaotic scars from his paws. He had bitten down once on my waist, creating a curved row of bite marks on my stomach and back. He had ripped up my arms in his mouth, before Noah had found us.