Chapter Six

Annabelle's POV

Marcus threw open the front door and stepped aside to let me through. I glanced up at him face without meeting his eyes and went through. There was a huge entrance hall, with a table in the centre and a glass chandelier hanging above it, high above our heads. The rooms downstairs had doors that almost completely filled the walls. To the left, there was the living room which had wooden floors, creamy walls and leather couches. A wide screen TV was hung on the wall, with a coffee table below and matching chairs. The room was dark, as the massive windows were blanked out with blinds, and the lights were off.

There was another large opening in the wall revealing a kitchen to my right. There walls wooden floor boards and old looking cookers. The whole of the house so far looked old, actually. Like someone had built it ages ago and not bothered to re-decorate.

To the right, further along than the kitchen, there was what looked like an office. A wooden desk covered with messy piles of papers and books, a leather chair and a filing cabinet. There was a huge window in front of the desk, looking out over the front yard.

"You have two offices?" I asked, wondering why he would need both.

"The one in the pack house is for meetings. This is my private one." He replied, his voice slightly strained. I turned to face him and stumbled back when I realised how close he was to me. His hands grabbed my wrists to steady me, sending waves of heat through me. "Let's go upstairs."

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. We climbed up the wide stair case in front of us, which led to a landing with six doors.

"These are all bedrooms. Mine's the one on the end." Marcus said, pointing to the door on the far right. "This one's yours."

I felt a bubble of disappointment fill me. The thought of sharing a bed with Marcus was daunting, but my wolf and I felt neglected. He'd had a fight with my brother about me moving here, then was cornering me off? My emotions must have shown on my face,

"I thought it was best, until you felt more comfortable around me." His voice was quiet and deep. I shuddered involuntarily.

Nodding, I opened the door that he'd pointed to. It was blue and white themed, with baby blue painted walls and delicately sewn bed covers. Directly in front of the door was the bed, with gold and blue medieval style swirls and leaves curled their way around the fabric, with matching decoration pillows. Four black and white abstract paintings of flowers hung above the bed, standing out against the plain walls. Two matching bed site cabinets sat either side of the king sized bed, with little white lamps. On the other side of the room was a soft white chair, placed neatly in the corner. The furthest wall was almost completely window, with floating white net curtains that had the same pattern on the top as the bed covers did. There was a faded blue rug under the bed with white, gold and brown patterns.

All in all, it was beautiful. I couldn't help but gasp and let out a little embarrassing laugh. I walked in and looked around. There was two doors on the remaining wall. I opened one and found a bathroom which continued the blue and white theme. The other was a walk in wardrobe. It was small enough to be easily filled, but not too small. I could probably mostly fill it with the clothes I'd brought with me.

"This is amazing." I breathed, still not quite recovered. I heard Marcus chuckle, and turned to see him putting the boxes on the floor. As he did so, the muscles in his arms and back rippled through his thin t-shirt, making a wave of lust flow through my body. I felt a blush grow on my cheeks, and quickly looked away, trying to distract myself.

"I'm glad you like it." He replied, glancing around. "If you're hungry, there's some pizza downstairs."

I hadn't even thought about food, but the moment he mentioned pizza, my stomach gurgled loudly. I slapped one hand over my belly and the other over my mouth in horror.