Chapter Sixteen

I won't be updating for a while as I'm on holiday, but I thought I'd give you something before I go :) thanks for reading!!

Marucs's POV

Annabelle screamed, grabbing onto my arm and pulling it over her face. I laughed, rubbing her thigh. Cece groaned, her nose wrinkling as the guys head got ripped off on screen.

"Why are we watching this?!" Maria cried, slamming her eyes shut.

Cody laughed, "Cos' it's awesome!"

"What's awesome about people dying?!" Annabelle yelled, "It's horrible!"

"It's OK, princess, I'll protect you." I whispered into her ear, her hair covering my lips. She laughed, still not moving my arm from her eyes.

"That doesn't make me feel much better." She joked, finally looking back at the screen. A moment later, a girl got her arm cut off by a chainsaw. Her scream was so loud, I actually flinched away from her.

"Jesus Annabelle!" Cody complained, rubbing his ear.

"Can we turn it off? Please?" Annabelle begged, sounding like she was going to cry. Her face was buried in my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I rubbed her back soothingly.

"Please?" Cece asked, adverting her eyes as someone else died. "God, I hate you Brett."

Brett chuckled, throwing some food into his mouth. He was slouched on the floor at Maria's feet, a bowl of chips in front of him and a grin on his face.

"You guys are such chickens." He laughed, flicking the movie off.

"I need to kick some stuff." Cece said, standing up. Maria and Annabelle groaned.

They were both the worst fighters, being too tiny to do any damage. They usually ended up hurting themselves instead of others. Annabelle's stomach and back were covered in bruises from being thrown around, and Maria's legs were bruised and scratched from training in wolf training. Thoughts of Annabelle's wolf training made something surge in my chest, like a giant air bubble threatening to explode.

Her wolf was pure white with silky fur that shimmered silver in the light. She was tiny, a whole head and a bit shorter than my wolf. Her brown eyes were the same, with an extra spark of life as her wolf became more dominant.

The thing that made me happiest was the lack of scars. Her fur was unblemished, her pink skin unscarred. She looked even more beautiful in wolf form, which I hadn't thought possible.

She lunged at Cody, sliding beneath him and nipping at his legs. He yelped, jumping around so he wouldn't squash her. Ignoring the worry biting away at my insides, I watched the comical fight without looking away.

"Let's go then." Cody said, springing to his feet. He took hold of Cece's hand and swanned out the door, dramatically flinging his imaginary long hair over his shoulder as he went. I raised an eyebrow at Brett and grinned. Cody had a habit of being immature, even though he was the second highest wolf in the pack.

Annabelle huffed but trudged along beside me as we made our way out of the living room. I slipped my hand into hers, tugging her gently.

"Come on, it's not that bad." I said, trying to lighten the mood. She glared up at me.

"That's because you're a giant. The only person I can actually hurt is Maria and even then, she usually wins." Her grumpy voice and hunched shoulders made her look like an angry puppy, so I couldn't help but laugh. She huffed again, slapping my arm.

"I'll teach you." I offered, squeezing her hand and kissing the top of her head.

"Everyone says that, but they end up just throwing me around." She sighed in defeat.