Chapter Fifteen

Marcus's POV

"This is pointless, there is no way in hell I can win this." Annabelle complained, stomping her foot. I smirked, leaning forward and preparing to start.

"Then this should be over quickly and we can get lunch." I replied, my smirk widening when she shot me a poisonous glare.

The roata had almost been completed, meaning Annabelle, Noah and Cody were the only people I hadn't fought. I was nervous about this fight, even though there was absolutely no chance of me losing. I just didn't want to hurt Annabelle. The thought of her being injured was bad enough without thinking that I was the one doing the damage.

I was impressed with her. Even though she rarely won, she would take part in the fights and didn't have another panic attack. She had been accepted into the pack easily, since she was so kind to everyone. During her fight with Zack, she had accidently punched him in the face. After apologizing a million times, she made him sit still so she could clean him up.

"What if I just lie down and pretend to be injured?" She called from the other side of the ring, "You'll win and I don't get my face broken."

I raised an eyebrow, "Nope. Suck it up."

Cody snorted behind me and it took every ounce of my self control not so smash his face in. He had been dropping hints to the others or making crude sex jokes all day and it was getting seriously annoying.

"Let's just get this over with." Annabelle grumbled, looking to Brett. He nodded and blew the whistle signalling the start of the fight. Neither of us moved for a moment, then I lunged forward with my shoulders aimed at her stomach so I could flip her.

Darting backwards, Annabelle avoided my attack and leaped to the side, letting out a little squeal. There were chuckles from the pack, who had gathered around to watch. We walked in a circle, waiting for the other person to attack. When I realized she wasn't going to, I grabbed her wrists and yanked her towards me. Bending down, I used her momentum to throw her over my shoulder, wincing as I heard her thud onto the floor.

"Sorry." I said, holding out a hand. She grumbled and grabbed my hand. I was about to pull her up, when she flicked her feet out so they hit the backs of my knees and pulled my hand so I came crashing down next to her.

She laughed, but the sweet sound was drowned out by the packs laughter. I grinned, rolling to my feet, surprised at myself. Usually if I'm made a fool of in front of my pack, my Alpha blood takes over. But with Annabelle, I didn't care.

"That was very sneaky, I'm impressed." I teased, ignoring the slight pain in my shoulder. Rolling her eyes, Annabelle slapped my arm and was about to say something but was cut off by Brett.

"Annabelle, that weirdo's on the phone for you again."

Annabelle's face completely dropped. The blood drained from her flushed face, the happiness leaking from her eyes. She glanced up at me, then at Noah before jumping off the mats. I followed her, grabbing her waist and stopping her.

"What's wrong? Who is it?" I asked lowly. She shoved my hands off her waist and took a step back.

"It doesn't matter, I'll be back in a second." She quickly rushed out of the room towards Brett who was holding the phone. I looked over at Noah, who was just as confused.

"Who do you think it is?" I asked, going to stand beside him.

"I don't know. It can't be good though, I haven't seen her look like that in a while." He replied, his eyes on the closed door. "I'm gonna go listen."

I chuckled darkly, "I'll come too."

The hallway outside was brighter than the training centre, and echoed every little sound, increasing the volume a hundred times. We slowly walked towards a door that was half open, leading to the kitchen.