Chapter Seven

His hands ran over my skin. Vomit rose in my throat, but I quickly swallowed it down. I couldn't upset daddy.

"You know I love you, sweetie." he whispered against my neck. Liar. "Say it."

"I know you do daddy." I replied, my voice dead as I stared at the ceiling. He pulled his shirt off, then his pants. A single tear ran over the curve of my cheek and dripped off my chin, landing on my thigh with a soft splat.

He was on top of me now. Panic was rising up inside of me, and I knew I was going to scream. Daddy wouldn't be happy.

His hand found my breast, slowly running over it.

"Please stop daddy." I whispered, my throat thick with unshed tears. His grip tightened, pushing a terrified scream out of my throat. "Stop!"

"Stupid cow! Your mother would want you to do this, you ungrateful bitch!" he yelled, his free hand pulling back. I slammed my eyes shut as his palm hit my face.

When I reopened my eyes, it wasn't daddy above me. It was Marcus. His plump lips were curled into a look of pure hatred.

"Why the hell am I stuck with you as a mate?" He taunted, a cruel grin painted onto his perfect face. "Why is a stupid, fat, worthless bitch like you paired with an Alpha like me? It must be a mistake."

"No, it's not! Please!" I cried as his hands ran down my thighs and over my stomach.

"Annabelle!" My eyes shot open, blinding light making me squint. I looked around, tears blurring the bright light and the looming figure above me. I screamed, trying to get away.

"Daddy, I'm sorry!" I yelled, trying to get away from him. Hands gripped my arms, pulling me into a hard body.

"Annabelle, it's me. It's Marcus." His voice was slightly panicked. Air swooshed in and out of my lungs quickly, my heart beat punching the inside of my chest. For a second, I let myself be held. I could smell him, his woody, rich, spicy scent calming me. The thick muscles in his chest felt tense against my fingertips, making me blush. 

I slowly nodded, pulling myself out of the awkward embrace. I dried my tears with the hem of my shirt and pushed my wild hair out of my eyes. I suddenly blushed, when I realized what I was wearing. I had the old batman shirt on, a pair of skimpy underwear and nothing else. My pale scarred legs contrasted against his smooth, flawless arms that were either side of my hips.

I pulled the sheet up, covering the lower half of my body and hiding it from his lustful gaze.

"What was that all about?" He asked, worry etched into his face. I was momentarily distracted by this. Why the hell is he worried about me? Maybe it wasn't worry. It was probably pity.

"Nothing." I muttered, not looking at him. Tears filled my eyes. I can't believe I ever thought he loved me. He doesn't. He just pities me, like everyone else. 

"It's obviously not nothing. Talk to me." His voice was quiet, his deep blue eyes piercing mine. Our bodies were shaking. The dream had shaken me up, like it usually did. But this was different. I knew Marcus was meant to be paired with someone else. He was too perfect to be with someone like me.

"It was nothing. Just a bad dream." I kept my voice emotionless, looking his dead in the eyes. I wanted nothing more than to let my wolf take over and sob in his strong arms, but I controlled it. I couldn't show weakness. Daddy taught me not to do that.

"Do you want to talk-" He began, but I quickly cut him off, annoyance replacing the fear.

"I said it was nothing!" I snapped. His eyes widened for a moment, shock filling his features. I suddenly realized what I'd done.