Chapter 12: Rightfully Mine: Part 2 {Makall/Loki POV split chapter}

Makall

     “I think you should wear that.” Stephanie nodded to the final outfit I tried on: a black, fitted silk spaghetti strap tank top under a white vest, boot cut Faded Glory jeans, and a pair of black flats.

     “Do you think he’ll like it?” I gave my older sister a worried look.

     Steph nodded and got up, walking over to me and running a hand through my wavy hair of curls. “He’ll love it, just like he loves you.” I bit my lip hard and nodded, hoping she was right.

     Stephanie had been living alone in her place for a week after kicking Billy out because she hadn’t liked the way he’d had been acting... he seemed different since that encounter between Loki and himself the day after Thor, Jane, and Darcy showed up.

     “God, everything seems so perfect Steph. I’m in love with a demi-god… a demi-god who loves me and is sohandsome…” I stated almost dreamily.

     “Eh, I still believe in only one God.” Steph smirked and hugged me. “But I’m happy for you. You and Jane both.”

     Darcy poked her head into the room, her bone-straight hair flowing with her. “Makall, Steph...” She looked to both of us, “Billy’s at the door.” and with that Darcy was gone. I gulped and looked to Steph, who bit her inner cheek.

     “We have to face him sometime.” She shrugged as we walked out of the master bedroom and hurried downstairs together.

     “What do you think he wants?” She whispered as we walked into the hall the front door was down.

     “Beats me.” I murmured, taking hold of the cold door knob and pulling open the door to be met with a rather pale looking Billy.

     He wasn’t alone. Wonderful.

     “Ah, Makall and Stephanie, lovely to see you both.” Billy grinned eerily and out of instinct I looked to Steph whose eyes were wide with surprise. We both looked behind him to the many black vehicles with blacked out windows, something like the secret service for the president would drive in.

     “What do you want?” Stephanie maneuvered to my side protectively.

     “To speak with Makall, alone.” Billy wasn't harsh but more so sarcastic for some reason.

     “Sorry Bill but you aren’t going to talk to her without me.” Steph’s hands were in fists and rested on her hips. He gave a small laugh that sounded emotionless.

     “I’m afraid either I speak to her alone or you are to be escorted out, entirely your choice.” Billy motioned to three men with guns standing behind him on the porch, looking like they were part of a S.W.A.T. team. Steph tried to hold her ground until finally letting out an annoyed huff of defeat, shutting the door in his face after asking for a moment. Suddenly she pulled me off to the side where Darcy sat on the couch.

     “Darcy, we’re leaving.” Steph held my hand tight.

     “Wha-what? No…” I looked up to her then to Darcy as she stood. “What do they want with me?” I worriedly asked.

     “I don’t know… but answer honestly and truthfully because those are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents out there and if I’m not mistaken, Billy has brought The Avengers.” I looked to her a little confused. “They want Loki, Makall.” She clarified and I instantly gripped her hand hard at the mentioning of his name.