An ordinary day

You sat on the couch while eating potato chips as you watched your brothers play Mario kart 8 online. They were currently playing battle mode and teamed up with each other. You had two older brothers, B/n and (B/n),and they happened to be twins, not identical twins mind you. Your mother busied herself in the kitchen cooking dinner while your father was still at work.

You watched as B/n and (B/n) poked their tongues out while focusing on the game. (B/n) then gasped when B/n had accidentally thrown a green shell at him and got off at him about it. You sighed while shaking your head. You swear, sometimes your brothers were idiots. They were older than you by four years.

Tired of your brothers constant screaming, you stood up from the couch and retreated back to your room to finish your assignment homework. Sometimes being a twelve year old was tough, not because of the work load, just the fact that everyone underestimated you. But you never complained. You thought of yourself as quite laid back, although some of your friends would call you straight up lazy.

After a few minutes you were already done with your homework. The homework was simple so it wasn't too hard for you. It wasn't long until your mother called you down for dinner. You got up out of your seat and walked downstairs to see that your father had come home and that your brothers were already at the dinner table. Your mother turned towards you and smiled. You smiled back at her and sat at the table. Your mother then laid down a plate of steak, peas, carrots and mash potato in front of you as well as the rest of your family.

As you began to eat, you looked up to see your brothers fighting over who got to watch what show. You hurriedly finished your dinner and stood up. Your mother and father looked at you with wide eyes.

"Y/n. Already finished I see. You shouldn't eat so fast my dear, you could choke." Your mother warned while your father nodded in agreement. You smiled at them and placed your plate in the sink.

"I'm gonna go watch TV." You stated as you made your way towards the lounge room and jumped onto the couch. B/n and (B/n) had overheard your statement and rushed to get up.

"Hey! We called dibs first!" The both of them shouted. Your mother gave them both a look.

"Oh no, you two boys still have to finish eating your dinner." Your mother scolded. B/n and (B/n) sighed and sat down. You smirked triumphantly and clicked through the channels. After scrolling around the channels a bit, you let out a bothered sigh. There was nothing good on. So, you decided to go watch a movie or something.

You pushed yourself off the couch and began to shuffle through the TV series, movies, cartoons and anime discs until one particular anime caught your eye. You smiled and picked up the case. It read 'Astro boy'. You smiled even more as you recalled the memories of watching this anime when you were a child. You then heard a pair of butts jump onto the couch and turned around to see your two annoying brothers with shit eating grins on their faces as they waved the TV remote around. You frowned and stood up.

"Hey! I was going to watch something!" You told as you tried to take the remote out of B/n's hands. B/n laughed and threw the remote to (B/n), who caught it with ease. You clenched your fists in annoyance. You then smirked. "Mom! B/n and (B/n) won't let me watch TV!" You shouted. Both boys froze when their mother walked into the room and gave them a scolding look. They both then laughed nervously and handed the TV remote back to you. You smiled smugly and plopped yourself next to your two brothers after inserting the disc into the DVD player. Your brothers huffed in annoyance and rested on the armchairs with you in the middle.

You flicked through the episodes going down to the last one, since you don't recall much of that last episode. You then played the episode and watched with a smile as you watched your childhood hero save the day once again.